Pacesetters Belsize Park maintain ruthless run with victory over Verulamians
- Credit: Archant
Belsize Park maintained their ruthless run of form as the league leaders scored nine tries against Verulamians, triumphing 59-13 and posting their sixth consecutive league win in Herts/Middlesex Division One.
Brent Hoekstra had touched down six times in a 106-point haul away at Imperial Medicals the previous weekend, and he crossed the line another four times in Regent’s Park on Saturday.
Coach Andy Barrington said: “This was perhaps the best we have played this season, and the cohesion of the team keeps improving week on week. We were relentless in attack for the first 50 minutes.”
Despite missing their talismanic captain and second-row star Tom House, whose marauding runs and towering prowess in the line-outs have been a feature of recent displays, the Belsize pack were almost flawless in their rucking and set pieces.
That dominance up front was quickly converted into points and, although they lost matchday captain Ryan Harper to a knee injury after 30 minutes, BP ran in five tries in the first half before adding a further four after the interval.
You may also want to watch:
Hoekstra led the way again with four touchdowns, while Guy Parker and his twin brother Ben both crossed the line, along with Miran Serdarevic, inside centre Andrew Richardson and Sam Bennet.
The former Oxford University back-row player Bennet was everywhere row and, having set up two tries in addition to his own score, he was given the man of the match award, while Seb Dunnett was also outstanding at No8.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 4 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 9 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill