Olympic medalist Emms opens new padel tennis court
- Credit: Archant
Olympic badminton silver medalist Gail Emms MBE launched a new padel tennis court at Regents Park Tennis Centre this week.
Emms tested herself against some of the park’s ‘Will to Win’ coaching staff whilst soaking up the sun.
And playing on the brand new court with head coach Kingsley Harris against Will to Win CEO Steve Riley, Sports Manager Hugo Hutchison and Coach Oscar Wynne, Emms was cheered on by a group of spectators on the side lines.
Riley said: “It’s marvellous Gail Emms on our courts. It’s fantastic and a great demo of how different racket skills are inter changeable. We see padel tennis as a great way to introduce racket sports to families and friends in a social and fun way.”
Harris added: “Gail has only just started playing but was absolutely brilliant. It shows how easy it is to pick up the game.”
You may also want to watch:
Gail Emms is an ambassador for Active Cover, a new insurance product for amateur sports people.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 4 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 5 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours