Hockey schedule revealed for 2021 Tokyo Olympics
- Credit: Archant
The match schedule for the men’s and women’s hockey competitions at the delayed 2021 Tokyo Olympics have been revealed.
Originally scheduled to run from July 25 until August 7, 2020 with matches at the purpose-built Oi Hockey Stadium in Japan’s capital city, the competition was postponed due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
The action will now get underway on July 24, 2021 as hosts Japan take on men’s FIH Pro League champions Australia, while the women’s competition begins with reigning world champions and world number one side the Netherlands taking on India.
Gold medal matches will take place on August 5 and 6.
Great Britain’s men start in Pool B against South Africa on July 24, then face Canada (July 26), Germany (July 27), the Netherlands (July 29) and Belgium (July 30), ahead of quarter-finals on August 1 and semi-finals on August 3.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Great Britain’s women – who will be defending their Olympic title having won gold at the 2016 Rio Games – begin their Pool A campaign against Germany on July 25, then face South Africa (July 26), India (July 28), the Netherlands (July 29) and Ireland (July 31), with quarter-finals on August 2 and semi-finals on August 4.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate