Old Aloysians host Croatian rivals in special match
- Credit: Archant
NK Sracinec Veterani visit Highgate school
The ongoing relationship between St Aloysius School and Druga Gymnasium Secondary school in Varazdin County, Croatia, led to a special match recently.
Old Aloysians Veterans hosted NK Sracinec Veterani at St Aloysius Playing Fields in Highgate, with most of the players aged between 40 and 60.
In what was a very evenly balanced game throughout, with good football played by both sides, Sracinec took the lead after 15 minutes when Elvis Plantak scored with a neat finish.
Plantak then set up Stjepan Smic after 25 minutes to make the score 2-0, which is how it stayed until half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Plantak, who in his younger years had played top-flight football in Croatia for Varteks Varazdin, added a third, but then Aloysius fought back with two goals in eight minutes.
Andy Bricktop got the first for the hosts, with an own goal cutting the gap to one, before Steficar Ivica sealed the match five minutes from time with a fine finish from the left to make it 4-2.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
The touring team then finished their trip off with a visit to compatriot Slaven Bilic at West Ham’s training ground the following day.