Old Aloysians host Croatian rivals in special match
- Credit: Archant
NK Sracinec Veterani visit Highgate school
The ongoing relationship between St Aloysius School and Druga Gymnasium Secondary school in Varazdin County, Croatia, led to a special match recently.
Old Aloysians Veterans hosted NK Sracinec Veterani at St Aloysius Playing Fields in Highgate, with most of the players aged between 40 and 60.
In what was a very evenly balanced game throughout, with good football played by both sides, Sracinec took the lead after 15 minutes when Elvis Plantak scored with a neat finish.
Plantak then set up Stjepan Smic after 25 minutes to make the score 2-0, which is how it stayed until half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Plantak, who in his younger years had played top-flight football in Croatia for Varteks Varazdin, added a third, but then Aloysius fought back with two goals in eight minutes.
Andy Bricktop got the first for the hosts, with an own goal cutting the gap to one, before Steficar Ivica sealed the match five minutes from time with a fine finish from the left to make it 4-2.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station
The touring team then finished their trip off with a visit to compatriot Slaven Bilic at West Ham’s training ground the following day.