Old Aloysians host Croatian rivals in special match
- Credit: Archant
NK Sracinec Veterani visit Highgate school
The ongoing relationship between St Aloysius School and Druga Gymnasium Secondary school in Varazdin County, Croatia, led to a special match recently.
Old Aloysians Veterans hosted NK Sracinec Veterani at St Aloysius Playing Fields in Highgate, with most of the players aged between 40 and 60.
In what was a very evenly balanced game throughout, with good football played by both sides, Sracinec took the lead after 15 minutes when Elvis Plantak scored with a neat finish.
Plantak then set up Stjepan Smic after 25 minutes to make the score 2-0, which is how it stayed until half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Plantak, who in his younger years had played top-flight football in Croatia for Varteks Varazdin, added a third, but then Aloysius fought back with two goals in eight minutes.
Andy Bricktop got the first for the hosts, with an own goal cutting the gap to one, before Steficar Ivica sealed the match five minutes from time with a fine finish from the left to make it 4-2.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
The touring team then finished their trip off with a visit to compatriot Slaven Bilic at West Ham’s training ground the following day.