Old Aloysians host Croatian rivals in special match
- Credit: Archant
NK Sracinec Veterani visit Highgate school
The ongoing relationship between St Aloysius School and Druga Gymnasium Secondary school in Varazdin County, Croatia, led to a special match recently.
Old Aloysians Veterans hosted NK Sracinec Veterani at St Aloysius Playing Fields in Highgate, with most of the players aged between 40 and 60.
In what was a very evenly balanced game throughout, with good football played by both sides, Sracinec took the lead after 15 minutes when Elvis Plantak scored with a neat finish.
Plantak then set up Stjepan Smic after 25 minutes to make the score 2-0, which is how it stayed until half-time.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half Plantak, who in his younger years had played top-flight football in Croatia for Varteks Varazdin, added a third, but then Aloysius fought back with two goals in eight minutes.
Andy Bricktop got the first for the hosts, with an own goal cutting the gap to one, before Steficar Ivica sealed the match five minutes from time with a fine finish from the left to make it 4-2.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
The touring team then finished their trip off with a visit to compatriot Slaven Bilic at West Ham’s training ground the following day.