Ofori puts unbeaten record on the line against Ellison
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Jeff Ofori will aim to make it nine straight wins in the paid ranks when he faces lightweight rival Jordan Ellison at York Hall on Saturday night.
The 28-year-old has won all eight of his bouts, three by way of knockout, since turning professional in May 2017.
The Tottenham boxer’s last bout saw him beat Jumanne Camero on points in October last year to claim the Southern Area title.
Ofori will hope to continue his winning run this weekend when competing on the British Warrior bill.
You may also want to watch:
*Former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay will make her professional debut at the Copper Box Arena on March 23 after turning professional with Matchroom.
Courtenay enjoyed a good amateur career and won the Haringey Box Cup in 2015, but is hoping to make an impact in the paid ranks.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 7 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 8 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 9 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 10 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
“With Katie Taylor and Nicola Adams making a name for themselves, women’s boxing is taking off and it’s a good time for me to turn pro,” she said.