Ofori puts unbeaten record on the line against Ellison
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Jeff Ofori will aim to make it nine straight wins in the paid ranks when he faces lightweight rival Jordan Ellison at York Hall on Saturday night.
The 28-year-old has won all eight of his bouts, three by way of knockout, since turning professional in May 2017.
The Tottenham boxer’s last bout saw him beat Jumanne Camero on points in October last year to claim the Southern Area title.
Ofori will hope to continue his winning run this weekend when competing on the British Warrior bill.
You may also want to watch:
*Former Finchley amateur Shannon Courtenay will make her professional debut at the Copper Box Arena on March 23 after turning professional with Matchroom.
Courtenay enjoyed a good amateur career and won the Haringey Box Cup in 2015, but is hoping to make an impact in the paid ranks.
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 3 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 4 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Late-night kidnap arrest after police search park
- 7 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 8 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 9 'We can't afford it': Camden foodbank prepares for spike in demand
- 10 'Potential for something remarkable'? Residents on O2 Centre redevelopment
“With Katie Taylor and Nicola Adams making a name for themselves, women’s boxing is taking off and it’s a good time for me to turn pro,” she said.