Ofori beats Ellison to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Tottenham lightweight Jeff Ofori maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Jordan Ellison at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old was competing on a British Warriors show at the iconic venue in east London.
The early exchanges were not the most exciting, with few punches being thrown and many of those that were missing the target.
In the second round, Ofori began to cut down the distance to Ellison, who he almost dropped with a flurry of punches to the head.
The 28-year-old had the faster hand-speed throughout, while his footwork also allowed him to take control.
That gave Ofori a solid platform from which to work from as referee Lee Every scored the bout 59-56 in his favour.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 4 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 5 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 6 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 7 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 8 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 9 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 10 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
That success took the lightweight’s record to nine wins from nine fights since turning professional in May 2017, with three of those victories coming by way of knockout.