Ofori beats Ellison to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Tottenham lightweight Jeff Ofori maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Jordan Ellison at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old was competing on a British Warriors show at the iconic venue in east London.
The early exchanges were not the most exciting, with few punches being thrown and many of those that were missing the target.
In the second round, Ofori began to cut down the distance to Ellison, who he almost dropped with a flurry of punches to the head.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old had the faster hand-speed throughout, while his footwork also allowed him to take control.
That gave Ofori a solid platform from which to work from as referee Lee Every scored the bout 59-56 in his favour.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 3 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 4 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 5 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 8 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book
That success took the lightweight’s record to nine wins from nine fights since turning professional in May 2017, with three of those victories coming by way of knockout.