Ofori beats Ellison to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Tottenham lightweight Jeff Ofori maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Jordan Ellison at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old was competing on a British Warriors show at the iconic venue in east London.
The early exchanges were not the most exciting, with few punches being thrown and many of those that were missing the target.
In the second round, Ofori began to cut down the distance to Ellison, who he almost dropped with a flurry of punches to the head.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old had the faster hand-speed throughout, while his footwork also allowed him to take control.
That gave Ofori a solid platform from which to work from as referee Lee Every scored the bout 59-56 in his favour.
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
That success took the lightweight’s record to nine wins from nine fights since turning professional in May 2017, with three of those victories coming by way of knockout.