Ofori beats Ellison to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Tottenham lightweight Jeff Ofori maintained his unbeaten record as a professional with a points win over Jordan Ellison at York Hall on Saturday.
The 28-year-old was competing on a British Warriors show at the iconic venue in east London.
The early exchanges were not the most exciting, with few punches being thrown and many of those that were missing the target.
In the second round, Ofori began to cut down the distance to Ellison, who he almost dropped with a flurry of punches to the head.
You may also want to watch:
The 28-year-old had the faster hand-speed throughout, while his footwork also allowed him to take control.
That gave Ofori a solid platform from which to work from as referee Lee Every scored the bout 59-56 in his favour.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
That success took the lightweight’s record to nine wins from nine fights since turning professional in May 2017, with three of those victories coming by way of knockout.