Nowill hits a new High
HIGHGATE Harriers' Peter Nowill clocked 14 minutes 26 seconds with an eighth-placed finish in the Great BUPA 5km road run at Regent's Park on Saturday. The event was won by Olympian Andy Baddeley...
HIGHGATE Harriers' Peter Nowill clocked 14 minutes 26 seconds with an eighth-placed finish in the Great BUPA 5km road run at Regent's Park on Saturday.
The event was won by Olympian Andy Baddeley (Harrow AC) in 13:45. The next day at the Middlesex Road Relays in Hayes, Marjolaine Briscoe was second and Lily Andrews third in the Under-11 girls event, with Mayo Doolan coming in fourth.
In the Under-11 boys race Joshua Bluemink was third, Louis Mennear, fourth, Cameron McGovern fifth and Sammy Williams eighth.
The Under-13 boys team comprising Peter Laing, Daniel Lavin and Alexander Machin-Paley were third but, due to illness and injury, only Keshin Harrison and Conrad Litchfield were available for the second team.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier, at a Watford graded meeting, Matt Green (4:25) won his 1500m race and Pete Edmunds (23.66) was third in the 200m.
Meanwhile, Simeon Williamson (10.48) was eighth in the 100m at the World Athletics final in Thessalonika, with Tyson Gay (9.88) winning. It followed hard on the heels of Williamson's third place (10.18) behind Asafa Powell (10.12) in the Rieti Grand Prix meeting in Italy.
- 1 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 5 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 6 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement