North London women win on return to action
- Credit: Archant
North London’s women beat Harrow St Marys in the long-awaited return of the Middlesex Women’s League.
Two closely-matched teams battled it over in a 40-over contest, while dodging rain showers, with Olivia d’Souza taking a wicket with the third ball.
Middlesex duo Bhavika Gajipra and Sonali Patel put on 110 before Miranda Cook struck, thanks to a fine catch by Millie Pope.
Patel soon followed and Pope picked up three quick wickets, including county player Kate Coppack.
Sharp run outs by Amu Surenkumar and Pope followed to wrap up the Harrow St Mary innings on 164 but North London slipped to 15-2 early on.
You may also want to watch:
Former England Academy player Pope put on 105 with Caitlin Deacock, with both hitting half-centuries, before playing on to Coppack.
D’Souza added 29 with Deacock before a mini collapse left Emma Williets to seal a four-wicket win with two overs to spare.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
Captain Charlotte Bascombe said: “The girls have worked so hard over the winter and throughout the restricted training period since May.
“Everyone was so looking forward to a match and this was a top performance. They all contributed and it’s such a pleasure to see the whole squad so committed. I’m so proud of the girls and can’t wait to see them in action next Sunday.”