Nilsson-Julien wins three gold medals at national championships
- Credit: Archant
Kentish Town teenager impressed against rivals from across the country last month
Kentish Town teenager Oscar Nilsson-Julien had plenty to celebrate last month after winning three gold medals at the recent National Junior and Youth Track Cycling Championships.
The 16-year-old travelled to the event in Newport, Wales and enjoyed extraordinary success as he returned with five medals in total.
Nilsson-Julien’s three gold medals came in the scratch race, the points race and the madison race.
The teenager came second in the individual pursuit and collected a bronze in the sprint event.
You may also want to watch:
It was a tremendous show of cycling ability from the Kentish Town youngster as he impressed in events ranging from the speed of sprints to the stamina-sapping endurance races.
Nilsson-Julien is supported in his cycling career by GLL Sport Foundation, SportsAid UK and Dare2b, and also receives tremendous backing from his club, VC Londres.
- 1 'Nazanin needs her passport back on Sunday' – Tulip Siddiq MP
- 2 Jail for weapons supplier found with guns, grenades and zombie knives
- 3 First-time buyers fear ruin as 'dream' flats fail fire safety test
- 4 Covid-19 surge testing in East Finchley after South African variant appears
- 5 Morrisons opens replacement store in Chalk Farm
- 6 Humans must take action if our species is to survive
- 7 Petition to save oak and hornbeam trees in Coldfall Wood
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 Meet some of Hampstead Heath's furriest and feistiest canine visitors
- 10 Hampstead Heath: Does an increase in visitors mean fewer birds?
The teenager will hope his success at the nationals help him in his aim to earn selection for the Team GB Junior Academy this autumn.