Adams retains title with hard-fought draw against Salinas
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former Haringey amateur Nicola Adams retained her WBO World Flyweight Title with a hard-fought draw against Maria Salinas on Friday.
Adams had not fought for 11 months leading up to the bout at the Royal Albert Hall and was defending the title she won in just her fifth professional fight.
Her opponent, however, was competing in her 32nd fight and went into the contest having beaten Kandy Sandoval in May.
One judge gave it to Adams by a score of 97-93, with the second scoring it 96-94 in favour of Salinas.
But Howard Foster judged it as a 95-95 draw meaning Adams kept hold of her title.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, former Finchley amateur lightweight Mo Gharib took his professional record to five wins and just one defeat after beating Jamie Quinn at York Hall on Saturday.
Referee Lee Cook gave the fight to Gharib by a score of 40-37.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 6 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 7 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 8 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 9 Puppy pampering, parties and pastry: Inside Hampstead's Dandie Dog Cafe
- 10 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease