Nicola Adams off to a winning start as a professional
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nicola Adams made a winning start to her professional career with victory over Virginia Noemi Carcamo in Manchester.
The Olympic hero, who took gold in both London and Rio as well as winning World and European flyweight titles, used to be registered with Haringey Boxing Club.
And she outpointed her Argentinian opponent by 40 points to 36 at Manchester Arena.
While she was taking her first steps in the professional world, Marylebone man Joshuna Ejakpovi was fighting in his seventh bout.
And he kept his unbeaten streak intact with the same 40-36 points win over Victor Edagha at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like it would be over in the first round when the southpaw Ejakpovi dropped his oppenent with a stiff left jab to the body.
But Edagha managed to survive and go the four-round distance although there was never any danger of the Marylebone man losing.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 9 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill