Nicola Adams off to a winning start as a professional
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nicola Adams made a winning start to her professional career with victory over Virginia Noemi Carcamo in Manchester.
The Olympic hero, who took gold in both London and Rio as well as winning World and European flyweight titles, used to be registered with Haringey Boxing Club.
And she outpointed her Argentinian opponent by 40 points to 36 at Manchester Arena.
While she was taking her first steps in the professional world, Marylebone man Joshuna Ejakpovi was fighting in his seventh bout.
And he kept his unbeaten streak intact with the same 40-36 points win over Victor Edagha at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like it would be over in the first round when the southpaw Ejakpovi dropped his oppenent with a stiff left jab to the body.
But Edagha managed to survive and go the four-round distance although there was never any danger of the Marylebone man losing.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 5 Arsenal hit Gillingham for ten in FA Cup
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have to win these games or face consequence
- 7 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 8 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52