Nicola Adams off to a winning start as a professional
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nicola Adams made a winning start to her professional career with victory over Virginia Noemi Carcamo in Manchester.
The Olympic hero, who took gold in both London and Rio as well as winning World and European flyweight titles, used to be registered with Haringey Boxing Club.
And she outpointed her Argentinian opponent by 40 points to 36 at Manchester Arena.
While she was taking her first steps in the professional world, Marylebone man Joshuna Ejakpovi was fighting in his seventh bout.
And he kept his unbeaten streak intact with the same 40-36 points win over Victor Edagha at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like it would be over in the first round when the southpaw Ejakpovi dropped his oppenent with a stiff left jab to the body.
But Edagha managed to survive and go the four-round distance although there was never any danger of the Marylebone man losing.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'