Nicola Adams off to a winning start as a professional
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nicola Adams made a winning start to her professional career with victory over Virginia Noemi Carcamo in Manchester.
The Olympic hero, who took gold in both London and Rio as well as winning World and European flyweight titles, used to be registered with Haringey Boxing Club.
And she outpointed her Argentinian opponent by 40 points to 36 at Manchester Arena.
While she was taking her first steps in the professional world, Marylebone man Joshuna Ejakpovi was fighting in his seventh bout.
And he kept his unbeaten streak intact with the same 40-36 points win over Victor Edagha at York Hall.
You may also want to watch:
It looked like it would be over in the first round when the southpaw Ejakpovi dropped his oppenent with a stiff left jab to the body.
But Edagha managed to survive and go the four-round distance although there was never any danger of the Marylebone man losing.
- 1 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 2 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 3 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Muswell Hill club wins 'Premier League' of junior chess
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 8 Winter closure of Royal Free kids A&E 'boosted Covid resilience' – NHS report
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Ally Pally and Highgate's abandoned station star in new children's book