New courts to make Cumberland LTC a ‘leading squash facility nationally’
- Credit: Archant
Work has started on two new championship-standard squash courts at Cumberland Lawn Tennis Club.
The grounbreaking ceremony took place last month at the Alvanley Gardens club with the works set for completition in time for the start of the 2017-2018 season in the autumn.
It will see two championship standard courts built, with glass backs and tiered seating for 100 people.
They will go alongside the club’s current quartet of courts, two of which were built in the 1930s and the others in the seventies.
Nick Dart, squash chairman at the club, said: “This is a very exciting time in the history of the club and on completion pf the work we will have six tournament-standard courts making the Cumberland a leading squash facility in London and indeed nationally.
“Existing demand warrants more courts and we wanted to have a facility that offers six courts under one roof, a rarity.
“Most clubs have between two and four courts. Having six championship courts on the Alvanley Gardens site will put the Cumberland in the Premier league of squash facilities.”
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Spurs survive 'Lasagna-gate 2' and it's over to Arsenal
- 3 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 4 West Hampstead woman's kids' clothes success story
- 5 St John's Wood nursery 'requires improvement' after surprise Ofsted visit
- 6 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 7 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 8 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 9 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 10 Tributes paid to Belsize 'man of many talents' who co-founded Abacus school
The club offers a full range of coaching options for all categories of squash players and has a membership in excess of 400, ranging in age from juniors to an octogenarian.
For more information on the club go to https://www.cltc-hcc.com/