Motorsport: Brandon enjoys Ginetta experience
- Credit: Archant
Turnpike Lane’s Brandon Abraham made it through to the finals of the Junior Ginetta scholarship event at Blyton Park recently.
The Highgate Wood School pupil went up against 59 other hopefuls looking to earn a fully-funded season in the British Touring Car support series.
And despite never having driven a car before, the young karting ace showed his talent to reach the later stages.
Abraham had a session in a simulator with Bradley Smith of Mectech Motorsports and showed his fitness, determination and ability to adapt at the event when the track layout was changed.
He said: “This was a great experience and opportunity and has made me more determined than ever to achieve my dream of being a world champion.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad Paul added: “I’d like to thank Ashley Gallagher and the Ginetta family for such a wonderful opportunity and we will now begin seeking sponsorship for 2018.”
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 9 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station