Motorsport: Brandon enjoys Ginetta experience
- Credit: Archant
Turnpike Lane’s Brandon Abraham made it through to the finals of the Junior Ginetta scholarship event at Blyton Park recently.
The Highgate Wood School pupil went up against 59 other hopefuls looking to earn a fully-funded season in the British Touring Car support series.
And despite never having driven a car before, the young karting ace showed his talent to reach the later stages.
Abraham had a session in a simulator with Bradley Smith of Mectech Motorsports and showed his fitness, determination and ability to adapt at the event when the track layout was changed.
He said: “This was a great experience and opportunity and has made me more determined than ever to achieve my dream of being a world champion.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad Paul added: “I’d like to thank Ashley Gallagher and the Ginetta family for such a wonderful opportunity and we will now begin seeking sponsorship for 2018.”
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road