Motorsport: Brandon enjoys Ginetta experience
- Credit: Archant
Turnpike Lane’s Brandon Abraham made it through to the finals of the Junior Ginetta scholarship event at Blyton Park recently.
The Highgate Wood School pupil went up against 59 other hopefuls looking to earn a fully-funded season in the British Touring Car support series.
And despite never having driven a car before, the young karting ace showed his talent to reach the later stages.
Abraham had a session in a simulator with Bradley Smith of Mectech Motorsports and showed his fitness, determination and ability to adapt at the event when the track layout was changed.
He said: “This was a great experience and opportunity and has made me more determined than ever to achieve my dream of being a world champion.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad Paul added: “I’d like to thank Ashley Gallagher and the Ginetta family for such a wonderful opportunity and we will now begin seeking sponsorship for 2018.”
- 1 How many trees have been felled in the Parkland Walk?
- 2 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 3 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 6 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 7 Shakespeare comedy and children's shows at Regent's Park Open Air Theatre
- 8 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 9 Boundary changes plan would 'split' Hampstead and see new Muswell Hill seat
- 10 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE