Motorsport: Brandon enjoys Ginetta experience
- Credit: Archant
Turnpike Lane’s Brandon Abraham made it through to the finals of the Junior Ginetta scholarship event at Blyton Park recently.
The Highgate Wood School pupil went up against 59 other hopefuls looking to earn a fully-funded season in the British Touring Car support series.
And despite never having driven a car before, the young karting ace showed his talent to reach the later stages.
Abraham had a session in a simulator with Bradley Smith of Mectech Motorsports and showed his fitness, determination and ability to adapt at the event when the track layout was changed.
He said: “This was a great experience and opportunity and has made me more determined than ever to achieve my dream of being a world champion.”
You may also want to watch:
Dad Paul added: “I’d like to thank Ashley Gallagher and the Ginetta family for such a wonderful opportunity and we will now begin seeking sponsorship for 2018.”
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill