Mornington Chasers Running Club revamp their Regent’s Park 10k Series
- Credit: Archant
Mornington Chasers Running Club have revamped their Regent’s Park 10k Series and the next edition of the race will take place this Sunday.
The club holds the event on the first Sunday of each month from October to March – apart from January, when it will be held on the 8th – and they are keen to see runners from Camden joining the group of around 450 participants.
“We’ve recently changed the race management,” one of the club captains, Chris Zair, told Ham&High Sport. “We have pacers with balloons above their head showing projected times, which is quite unusual for a 10k.
“The race is also chip timed with a tag on the back of your race number, so you’ll get an official race time.
“In addition we offer free race photos, which is pretty rare, as well as a great new medal to take home. We’re really looking for ways of boosting attendance among people local to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“We get people who take an hour and a half or longer to do it, down to the fastest, who go round in about 35 minutes. It’s really inclusive and it’s all on paths around Regent’s Park so there’s no traffic.
“It would be ideal for people who love the 5k ParkRuns and are looking for an extra challenge.”
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Anyone interested in taking part can sign up through www.chaser.me.uk/tenk/tenk.php or register on the day – race packs are available at The Hub from 8am ahead of a 9am start.
Those who would like to run on a more regular basis can join Mornington Chasers, who run regularly out of the Talacre Community Sports Centre in Dalby Street.
“It’s a club for all levels, with plenty of sub-three-hour marathon runners through to a regular beginners’ section,” said Zair.
“It’s only £40 a year to join and there’s coaching twice a week, as well as regular races and socials.
“We have people who come along to try the 10k race and then join the club.”
For more information visit www.chaser.me.uk or have a look at the Mornington Chasers Facebook page.