Mornington Chasers Running Club revamp their Regent’s Park 10k Series
- Credit: Archant
Mornington Chasers Running Club have revamped their Regent’s Park 10k Series and the next edition of the race will take place this Sunday.
The club holds the event on the first Sunday of each month from October to March – apart from January, when it will be held on the 8th – and they are keen to see runners from Camden joining the group of around 450 participants.
“We’ve recently changed the race management,” one of the club captains, Chris Zair, told Ham&High Sport. “We have pacers with balloons above their head showing projected times, which is quite unusual for a 10k.
“The race is also chip timed with a tag on the back of your race number, so you’ll get an official race time.
“In addition we offer free race photos, which is pretty rare, as well as a great new medal to take home. We’re really looking for ways of boosting attendance among people local to the area.
You may also want to watch:
“We get people who take an hour and a half or longer to do it, down to the fastest, who go round in about 35 minutes. It’s really inclusive and it’s all on paths around Regent’s Park so there’s no traffic.
“It would be ideal for people who love the 5k ParkRuns and are looking for an extra challenge.”
- 1 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 2 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 5 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 8 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
Anyone interested in taking part can sign up through www.chaser.me.uk/tenk/tenk.php or register on the day – race packs are available at The Hub from 8am ahead of a 9am start.
Those who would like to run on a more regular basis can join Mornington Chasers, who run regularly out of the Talacre Community Sports Centre in Dalby Street.
“It’s a club for all levels, with plenty of sub-three-hour marathon runners through to a regular beginners’ section,” said Zair.
“It’s only £40 a year to join and there’s coaching twice a week, as well as regular races and socials.
“We have people who come along to try the 10k race and then join the club.”
For more information visit www.chaser.me.uk or have a look at the Mornington Chasers Facebook page.