Mixed results for young boxers at London finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
There were mixed results for local boxers at both the London junior and cadet finals at the Roundhouse in Dagenham on Saturday.
In the 63kg junior competition, Finchley's Ibrahim Nadir beat Madalin Potop from Limehouse BC on a split 4-1 decision.
Meanwhile, Finchley's Khurram Ali Shan lost in the 38kg cadet tournament on a unanimous decision to Tony O'Donnell of Powerday Hooks.
White Hart Lane BC had three fighters reach the London finals including Marius Feher, who lost in a junior 80kg bout on a split decision to Powerday Hooks' Damar Thomas.
In the cadet 48kg final, Eddie McDonagh lost to West Ham's Charlie Smith on points.
But there was a good win for Jamie Hall who won in the second round against Oscar Spencer-Gittens of Dale Youth and now goes through to the national quarter-final.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club