Mixed results for young boxers at London finals
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
There were mixed results for local boxers at both the London junior and cadet finals at the Roundhouse in Dagenham on Saturday.
In the 63kg junior competition, Finchley's Ibrahim Nadir beat Madalin Potop from Limehouse BC on a split 4-1 decision.
Meanwhile, Finchley's Khurram Ali Shan lost in the 38kg cadet tournament on a unanimous decision to Tony O'Donnell of Powerday Hooks.
White Hart Lane BC had three fighters reach the London finals including Marius Feher, who lost in a junior 80kg bout on a split decision to Powerday Hooks' Damar Thomas.
In the cadet 48kg final, Eddie McDonagh lost to West Ham's Charlie Smith on points.
You may also want to watch:
But there was a good win for Jamie Hall who won in the second round against Oscar Spencer-Gittens of Dale Youth and now goes through to the national quarter-final.
- 1 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 2 Spoiler: Cycling up Haverstock Hill is hard work
- 3 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 4 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 Ken Clarke's anger at 'pointless' Infected Blood Inquiry questions
- 8 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 9 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 10 West Heath Road flats set for approval – despite affordable housing dispute