Miracle man Moses leads Highbury Korfball Club to victory over Mitcham
- Credit: Archant
Captain Moses Hutchinson-Pascal struck seven goals as Swiss Cottage-based Highbury Korfball Club cruised to a comfortable 19-9 home win over Mitcham.
Highbury were back in London Regional League action following last week’s thrilling Promotion Division draw against Croydon, and they raced into an early 4-0 lead through two goals from Niccola Hyslop, and one each from Bernard Martin and Hutchinson-Pascal.
Mitcham hit back with a penalty but Ana Rocha, debutant Inge Carrington and Hutchinson-Pascal put the hosts 7-1 up with only 20 minutes gone – and Matthew Dodds and Carrington stretched the lead to 9-2 at the interval.
Mitcham came out for the second half looking to make up for lost time and lost goals and they drew first blood after the interval via a long-range effort.
Hutchinson-Pascal replied for the home team to complete his hat-trick, but Mitcham struck four times in a row to get right back into the contest at 10-7.
You may also want to watch:
Dodds then popped up with a crucial goal to ease his side’s nerves, and Hutchinson-Pascal then took the game by the scruff of the neck with a real captain’s performance.
His two goals knocked the stuffing out of the Mitcham comeback, restoring a six-goal cushion, and Dodds wrapped up his own treble before Hutchinson-Pascal hit two more.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
Substitute Bob Wallis got in on the act with a late brace and Rocha got Highbury’s final goal.
They are in London Regional League action again on Sunday against Croydon II.