Mill Hill’s Palata beats Lukacik to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Mill Hill heavyweight Jonathan Palata earned a third straight win in the pro ranks with a points success over Michael Lukacik on Saturday.
Fighting under the guidance of Finchley trainer Don Charles, Palata won all four rounds in the bout which was part of a busy Goodwin promotion at York Hall.
It was a fine end to the year for the 30-year-old, who only took part in his first professional bout in May.
*Haringey Police amateur Amy Andrew was beaten in the first round of the featherweight category at this year’s AIBA Women’s World Championship in India.
You may also want to watch:
Representing New Zealand, Andrew took part in a preliminary round to make the competition proper and outpointed Algeria’s Khelif Hadjila to do so.
In the first round, the Haringey Police amateur came up against Australia’s Skye Nicholson, who had won gold at the Commonwealth Games earlier in the year.Despite a battling performance from Andrew, the New Zealander was beaten after losing on a split decision to Nicholson.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time
- 7 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 10 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation