Mill Hill’s Palata beats Lukacik to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Mill Hill heavyweight Jonathan Palata earned a third straight win in the pro ranks with a points success over Michael Lukacik on Saturday.
Fighting under the guidance of Finchley trainer Don Charles, Palata won all four rounds in the bout which was part of a busy Goodwin promotion at York Hall.
It was a fine end to the year for the 30-year-old, who only took part in his first professional bout in May.
*Haringey Police amateur Amy Andrew was beaten in the first round of the featherweight category at this year’s AIBA Women’s World Championship in India.
You may also want to watch:
Representing New Zealand, Andrew took part in a preliminary round to make the competition proper and outpointed Algeria’s Khelif Hadjila to do so.
In the first round, the Haringey Police amateur came up against Australia’s Skye Nicholson, who had won gold at the Commonwealth Games earlier in the year.Despite a battling performance from Andrew, the New Zealander was beaten after losing on a split decision to Nicholson.
- 1 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 2 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods