Mill Hill’s Palata beats Lukacik to maintain unbeaten record
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
The latest boxing news from Camden and Haringey
Mill Hill heavyweight Jonathan Palata earned a third straight win in the pro ranks with a points success over Michael Lukacik on Saturday.
Fighting under the guidance of Finchley trainer Don Charles, Palata won all four rounds in the bout which was part of a busy Goodwin promotion at York Hall.
It was a fine end to the year for the 30-year-old, who only took part in his first professional bout in May.
*Haringey Police amateur Amy Andrew was beaten in the first round of the featherweight category at this year’s AIBA Women’s World Championship in India.
You may also want to watch:
Representing New Zealand, Andrew took part in a preliminary round to make the competition proper and outpointed Algeria’s Khelif Hadjila to do so.
In the first round, the Haringey Police amateur came up against Australia’s Skye Nicholson, who had won gold at the Commonwealth Games earlier in the year.Despite a battling performance from Andrew, the New Zealander was beaten after losing on a split decision to Nicholson.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach