Vivianne Miedema named in Her Football Hub team of the week
- Credit: PA
Vivianne Miedema has been named in the Her Football Hub team of the week after the Netherlands international scored twice against Bristol City on Sunday.
The Gunners won 4-0 with a Miedema brace and goals from Beth Mead and Danielle van de Donk taking them up to third in the Women's Super League table above Manchester United.
Arsenal took the lead inside four minutes when Jill Roord, Danielle van de Donk and Vivianne Miedema all linked up in a Dutch triangle and Miedema was played in by Roord to slam the ball across Sophie Baggaley and into the bottom corner of the net.
Miedema scored her second on 65 minutes when Williamson went on a powerful run playing a neat reverse pass to Kim Little who laid a pass off to Nobbs. When the England international's shot was saved by Baggaley the loose ball fell for Miedema to tap in the fourth.
The 24-year-old also registered an assist for van de Donk's goal as she skipped beyond the Robins defence before playing the ball across for the midfielder who smashed the ball into the bottom corner of the Robins net.
You may also want to watch:
Miedema who is now the joint top goalscorer in the league alongside Chelsea's Sam Kerr with 17 goals each.
On Sunday Miedema had 5 shots out of 11 on target, the striker also created one goal creating action and played 3 key passes having a 76.9 per cent pass success rate as she also completed seven out of nine dribbles.
- 1 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 3 Camden Covid-19 vaccine bus comes to JW3
- 4 Highgate residents challenge plans for 'intrusive' 16-metre 5G mast
- 5 Builders finish first block in controversial Hornsey Town Hall development
- 6 Eleven things to do at the 2021 Highgate Festival
- 7 'Antisemitic abuse was aimed at me because of my kippah' says faith leader
- 8 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 9 Camden's £50k Covid-19 fall in house prices bucks north London trend
- 10 Nazanin's family 'still waiting' and expect Iran ordeal to pass 2,000 days
Miedema could have added to her goal tally but was denied by the woodwork twice as she hit the post on two occasions and Baggaley in the Bristol City goal made several top class saves to deny her taking the match-ball home with her.
The Golden Boot race with Kerr is going to go all the way to the wire but it's advantage Miedema as she has four games left to play one more than Kerr of Chelsea.
Her Football Hub team of the week: Megan Walsh (Brighton & Hove Albion), Maya Le Tissier (Brighton & Hove Albion), Gilly Flaherty (West Ham United), Rikke Sevecke (Everton), Kenza Dali (West Ham United), Fran Kirby (Chelsea), Izzy Christiansen (Everton), Inessa Kaagman (Brighton & Hove Albion), Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal), Sam Kerr (Chelsea), Martha Thomas (West Ham).