Middlesex star Joyce looks set to join Sussex
MIDDLESEX star Ed Joyce is expected to join Sussex next season, just four months after leading the Lord s-based outfit to their first trophy for 15 years. The 30-year-old Irishman took over the captaincy in June when former skipper Ed Smith was injured sh
MIDDLESEX star Ed Joyce is expected to join Sussex next season, just four months after leading the Lord's-based outfit to their first trophy for 15 years.
The 30-year-old Irishman took over the captaincy in June when former skipper Ed Smith was injured shortly before the start of their successful Twenty20 Cup campaign.
The victory earned Middlesex a place in the lucrative Stanford Cup series, played in Antigua last week. While there Joyce told chief executive Vinny Coddrington of his intention to leave the club after the Champions League in December.
"[Ed] was always one of the first names on the team-sheet. He has been outstanding and undoubtedly we are going to miss him," said Coddrington.
You may also want to watch:
"We agreed with Ed back in September that he would be available for both Antigua and the Champions League whatever his decision as he was an integral part of our successful 2008 Twenty20 campaign. He leaves with our best wishes.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 'You're welcome here': Best pals, 12, make care packages for Afghan refugees