Middlesex star Joyce looks set to join Sussex
MIDDLESEX star Ed Joyce is expected to join Sussex next season, just four months after leading the Lord s-based outfit to their first trophy for 15 years. The 30-year-old Irishman took over the captaincy in June when former skipper Ed Smith was injured sh
MIDDLESEX star Ed Joyce is expected to join Sussex next season, just four months after leading the Lord's-based outfit to their first trophy for 15 years.
The 30-year-old Irishman took over the captaincy in June when former skipper Ed Smith was injured shortly before the start of their successful Twenty20 Cup campaign.
The victory earned Middlesex a place in the lucrative Stanford Cup series, played in Antigua last week. While there Joyce told chief executive Vinny Coddrington of his intention to leave the club after the Champions League in December.
"[Ed] was always one of the first names on the team-sheet. He has been outstanding and undoubtedly we are going to miss him," said Coddrington.
You may also want to watch:
"We agreed with Ed back in September that he would be available for both Antigua and the Champions League whatever his decision as he was an integral part of our successful 2008 Twenty20 campaign. He leaves with our best wishes.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 9 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband