Middlesex star Joyce looks set to join Sussex
MIDDLESEX star Ed Joyce is expected to join Sussex next season, just four months after leading the Lord s-based outfit to their first trophy for 15 years. The 30-year-old Irishman took over the captaincy in June when former skipper Ed Smith was injured sh
MIDDLESEX star Ed Joyce is expected to join Sussex next season, just four months after leading the Lord's-based outfit to their first trophy for 15 years.
The 30-year-old Irishman took over the captaincy in June when former skipper Ed Smith was injured shortly before the start of their successful Twenty20 Cup campaign.
The victory earned Middlesex a place in the lucrative Stanford Cup series, played in Antigua last week. While there Joyce told chief executive Vinny Coddrington of his intention to leave the club after the Champions League in December.
"[Ed] was always one of the first names on the team-sheet. He has been outstanding and undoubtedly we are going to miss him," said Coddrington.
You may also want to watch:
"We agreed with Ed back in September that he would be available for both Antigua and the Champions League whatever his decision as he was an integral part of our successful 2008 Twenty20 campaign. He leaves with our best wishes.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 10 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?