Middlesex League Division Three: South Hampstead eye away win
- Credit: Archant
After frustration last weekend, Division Three strugglers will look to claim win at Brentham
South Hampstead will be eager to move away from the Middlesex League Division Three relegation zone when they travel to face fourth-placed Brentham at the weekend.
They currently hold a 10-point advantage over basement side Bessborough in the battle to avoid the drop ahead of Saturday’s fixtures, with Bessborough due to host fourth-bottom Harrow Town.
Last weekend saw their crucial encounter with third-bottom Uxbridge cancelled without a ball being bowled due to the weather, which forced every League game to be off.
In the reverse fixture earlier in the campaign, South Hampstead emerged winners by 25 runs and will be hoping for a repeat of that success, which was aided by Leroy Shepherd’s excellent 94 with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
So far this season, South Hampstead have won just four of their 12 league fixtures to date and will be doing their utmost during the remainder of the campaign to avoid the drop.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath