Middlesex League Division Three: South Hampstead eye away win
- Credit: Archant
After frustration last weekend, Division Three strugglers will look to claim win at Brentham
South Hampstead will be eager to move away from the Middlesex League Division Three relegation zone when they travel to face fourth-placed Brentham at the weekend.
They currently hold a 10-point advantage over basement side Bessborough in the battle to avoid the drop ahead of Saturday’s fixtures, with Bessborough due to host fourth-bottom Harrow Town.
Last weekend saw their crucial encounter with third-bottom Uxbridge cancelled without a ball being bowled due to the weather, which forced every League game to be off.
In the reverse fixture earlier in the campaign, South Hampstead emerged winners by 25 runs and will be hoping for a repeat of that success, which was aided by Leroy Shepherd’s excellent 94 with the bat.
You may also want to watch:
So far this season, South Hampstead have won just four of their 12 league fixtures to date and will be doing their utmost during the remainder of the campaign to avoid the drop.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 4 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 6 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 7 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council