Middlesex delay trip to India
MIDDLESEX yesterday cancelled plans to fly to Mumbai in the wake of terrorist attacks in the Indian city, writes Patrick Mooney. The Lord s outfit had been due to fly out to Mumbai for the inaugural Twenty20 Champions League. But they have postponed their
MIDDLESEX yesterday cancelled plans to fly to Mumbai in the wake of terrorist attacks in the Indian city, writes Patrick Mooney.
The Lord's outfit had been due to fly out to Mumbai for the inaugural Twenty20 Champions League. But they have postponed their flight by at least 24 hours in light of the events in India which have seen at least 80 people killed and 200 injured.
The tournament is still set to go ahead but with the Mumbai matches moved to Bangalore.
Middlesex skipper Shaun Udal said he could not confirm when their travel plans had been rescheduled for.
"If we are told it's safe to go, then we'll go," said Udal. "In light of what's happened in the last few hours there are serious issues to consider. What we do know is that our flights have been delayed by at least 24 hours and I suspect it will probably be Friday until we really know exactly what's going on.
"If and when we get the relevant information through, certainly on security issues, then we'll make a decision then. If we are told that everything is fine then, as captain, I'm prepared to say that we'll go."
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 7 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 8 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 9 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 10 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
Middlesex are due to play Victoria Bushrangers in Wednesday's opening match.