Ward wins Senior Championships doubles title
- Credit: Archant
Mercury Tennis Club co-owner Danny Ward recently won the 41st International Senior Tennis Championships in Marbella.
He and partner Paul Salter beat Jiri Novak, the former ATP world number 5, and his partner in the final to win the competition.
This win maintains their doubles ranking in the top 30 in the world and they are now aiming to break into the top 20.
Opponent Novak has wins over Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andre Agassi to his name, as well as seven ATP singles and 18 doubles tour titles.
Ward has previously won the ITF Grade 1 British National Indoor Championships and has represented Great Britain at the World Championships.
You may also want to watch:
He is the head coach and co-owner of Mercury Tennis Club and is keen to pass on his knowledge of the game to local residents.
Anyone interested in starting tennis or improving their existing standard can contact him on 07921 675 206.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate