MCC World Cricket committee members help local youngsters
- Credit: Matt Bright
Members of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) World Cricket committee took part in a Community event at Lord’s, following their biannual meeting to discuss some of the most important and pressing issues in the game.
The committee, which is funded and administered by MCC, spent two days at Lord's Cricket Ground and took time out from a busy schedule to play cricket with youngsters from the borough of Westminster in the MCC Cricket Academy.
The Home of Cricket plays hosts to England's second Specsavers Test Match against Australia from Wednesday and around 25 young cricketers, who benefit from the free cricket provided at the MCC Foundation's Lord's Hub, had the privilege of visiting the venue and meeting members of the MCC World Cricket committee.
MCC President Designate Kumar Sangakkara, World Cricket committee chairman Mike Gatting and MCC chief executive and secretary Guy Lavender all joined in with the youngsters, featuring in their games in the MCC Cricket Academy and offering tips on their technique.
Sangakkara said: "It was great to see so many youngsters at Lord's and enjoying the chance to play at the ground. MCC do some fine work in the local community and the chance to engage youngsters in the game in this way is priceless."
You may also want to watch:
MCC Head of Community Ricky Reynolds added: "We are thrilled to be able to work with the MCC World Cricket committee during their meeting at Lord's.
"The members are big names who have played and officiated at the very highest level of the game and for the young players to be able to rub shoulders with them is invaluable, and will really help inspire their passion for the game."
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 4 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 5 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 8 Hampstead Heath guru Diane is 'a lifeline' for women's walking group
- 9 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 10 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre