Finchley’s Mbata makes mark at Women’s Winter Box Cup
- Credit: Archant
Finchley’s Patricia Mbata produced the quickest finish on finals day at the England Boxing Women’s Winter Box Cup in Guildford Spectrum.
Mbata met Andrea Marshall (Royal Navy) in the Elite C 69kg decider and proved far too powerful, catching her opponent early to end the contest in the first round.
Having beaten Jess David (Dyanamics) in her semi-final, Mbata was named the tournament's most promising elite boxer and said: "I wasn't expecting my bout to end that quickly, but I'm delighted to have won.
"All my training has paid off and I boxed to my game plan and I was not going to be denied. I was just too psyched and determined to win!
"The Women's Winter Box Cup is a great platform for women and girls who are boxing at all levels to perform on."
You may also want to watch:
Haringey's Colleen Roach was also celebrating after beating Sharna Hitchings (Brighton & Hove ABC) on unanimous points in the Elite B 57kg final.
- 1 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 2 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 3 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 4 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 5 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 7 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 10 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath