Finchley’s Mbata makes mark at Women’s Winter Box Cup
- Credit: Archant
Finchley’s Patricia Mbata produced the quickest finish on finals day at the England Boxing Women’s Winter Box Cup in Guildford Spectrum.
Mbata met Andrea Marshall (Royal Navy) in the Elite C 69kg decider and proved far too powerful, catching her opponent early to end the contest in the first round.
Having beaten Jess David (Dyanamics) in her semi-final, Mbata was named the tournament's most promising elite boxer and said: "I wasn't expecting my bout to end that quickly, but I'm delighted to have won.
"All my training has paid off and I boxed to my game plan and I was not going to be denied. I was just too psyched and determined to win!
"The Women's Winter Box Cup is a great platform for women and girls who are boxing at all levels to perform on."
You may also want to watch:
Haringey's Colleen Roach was also celebrating after beating Sharna Hitchings (Brighton & Hove ABC) on unanimous points in the Elite B 57kg final.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 5 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 6 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 7 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 8 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 9 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 10 Prince William brings environmental Earthshot Prize ceremony to Ally Pally