Mayor makes mark at Temple Fortune
- Credit: Archant
Bowls club open new season in style
Temple Fortune Squash, Tennis and Bowls Club welcomed the Mayor and Mayoress of Barnet to their bowls green to open the newly refurbished pavilion and start the new season on Saturday.
The Mayor presented member Andrew Rix with a plaque to acknowledge his generosity and services to the club over many years, then opened the green by bowling the first bowl and joined 40 members competing for top honours.
The club caterer provided tea and cakes in the pavilion and the club are hoping to attract more people.
Anyone interested can enjoy a free trial session by contacting the bowls section on 020 8455 4372 or 07834 697565 or visit templefortuneclub.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Free trials are being held this Sunday (10.15am) and on May 14 and on Saturdays May 6 and 20 at 2.15pm.
All equipment will be provided but those attending are asked to wear flat-soled shoes.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 7 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 8 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 9 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 10 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
The club is also hosting free taster sessions every Tuesday evening starting at 5.15pm starting on May 9.
If you require information on tennis or squash contact the office on 020 8455 2184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.