Mayor makes mark at Temple Fortune
- Credit: Archant
Bowls club open new season in style
Temple Fortune Squash, Tennis and Bowls Club welcomed the Mayor and Mayoress of Barnet to their bowls green to open the newly refurbished pavilion and start the new season on Saturday.
The Mayor presented member Andrew Rix with a plaque to acknowledge his generosity and services to the club over many years, then opened the green by bowling the first bowl and joined 40 members competing for top honours.
The club caterer provided tea and cakes in the pavilion and the club are hoping to attract more people.
Anyone interested can enjoy a free trial session by contacting the bowls section on 020 8455 4372 or 07834 697565 or visit templefortuneclub.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Free trials are being held this Sunday (10.15am) and on May 14 and on Saturdays May 6 and 20 at 2.15pm.
All equipment will be provided but those attending are asked to wear flat-soled shoes.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
The club is also hosting free taster sessions every Tuesday evening starting at 5.15pm starting on May 9.
If you require information on tennis or squash contact the office on 020 8455 2184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.