Mayor makes mark at Temple Fortune
- Credit: Archant
Bowls club open new season in style
Temple Fortune Squash, Tennis and Bowls Club welcomed the Mayor and Mayoress of Barnet to their bowls green to open the newly refurbished pavilion and start the new season on Saturday.
The Mayor presented member Andrew Rix with a plaque to acknowledge his generosity and services to the club over many years, then opened the green by bowling the first bowl and joined 40 members competing for top honours.
The club caterer provided tea and cakes in the pavilion and the club are hoping to attract more people.
Anyone interested can enjoy a free trial session by contacting the bowls section on 020 8455 4372 or 07834 697565 or visit templefortuneclub.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Free trials are being held this Sunday (10.15am) and on May 14 and on Saturdays May 6 and 20 at 2.15pm.
All equipment will be provided but those attending are asked to wear flat-soled shoes.
- 1 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 2 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 7 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 10 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
The club is also hosting free taster sessions every Tuesday evening starting at 5.15pm starting on May 9.
If you require information on tennis or squash contact the office on 020 8455 2184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.