Haringey continue gr-eight form with superb Worthing win
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Worthing 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough’s stunning end to 2018 continued with an excellent 2-0 win away to Worthing in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
A tough challenge was expected for Tom Loizou’s men and it proved the case, but they held their nerve in front of a crowd of 502.
It took 31 minutes for the opener to be scored and it went to the visitors with in-form Joel Nouble finding the net.
The ex-Dagenham & Redbridge attacker fired home impressively from just inside the area into the bottom corner.
Borough held onto their advantage until the break and the crucial second goal arrived with 15 minutes left.
A goalmouth scramble ensured and Kleton Perntreou made a couple of saves, but the ball eventually ended up in the Rebels net.
- 1 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 2 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 3 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 4 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 8 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 9 Go fish: Anglers complain of limited access to Heath ponds
- 10 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
Rakim Richards claimed the goal, but so did forward Ralston Gabriel – a week after he returned to the club from St Albans City.
Loizou didn’t care who scored and watched his team see out the rest of the game to make it eight league wins in a row, which keeps them second in the table.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Mitchell Kirby, O’Donoghue; Richards, Durojaiye; Nouble (McDonald 72), Barker (Byfield 90), Akinwande (Edwards 87); Gabriel.
Unused substitutes: McKenzie, Sappleton.