Haringey continue gr-eight form with superb Worthing win
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Worthing 0 Haringey Borough 2
Haringey Borough’s stunning end to 2018 continued with an excellent 2-0 win away to Worthing in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
A tough challenge was expected for Tom Loizou’s men and it proved the case, but they held their nerve in front of a crowd of 502.
It took 31 minutes for the opener to be scored and it went to the visitors with in-form Joel Nouble finding the net.
The ex-Dagenham & Redbridge attacker fired home impressively from just inside the area into the bottom corner.
You may also want to watch:
Borough held onto their advantage until the break and the crucial second goal arrived with 15 minutes left.
A goalmouth scramble ensured and Kleton Perntreou made a couple of saves, but the ball eventually ended up in the Rebels net.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 4 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 8 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 9 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 10 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
Rakim Richards claimed the goal, but so did forward Ralston Gabriel – a week after he returned to the club from St Albans City.
Loizou didn’t care who scored and watched his team see out the rest of the game to make it eight league wins in a row, which keeps them second in the table.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Mitchell Kirby, O’Donoghue; Richards, Durojaiye; Nouble (McDonald 72), Barker (Byfield 90), Akinwande (Edwards 87); Gabriel.
Unused substitutes: McKenzie, Sappleton.