Blues suffer defeat on the road at Dorking Wanderers

Wingate & Finchley goalkeeper Shane Gore (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo).

Wingate & Finchley goalkeeper Shane Gore (pic: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo). - Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo

Bostik Premier: Dorking Wanderers 3 Wingate & Finchley 0

Wingate & Finchley’s aim of completing three wins on the bounce for the first time this campaign took a turn for the worse after a rampant second-half from Dorking Wanderers saw them take all the points - with a 3-0 scoreline.

It resulted in a first defeat under Nicky Shorey since he took over the Bostik Premier club earlier this month.

Nevertheless, it was a case of half-time coming at the wrong time for the north Londoners who were held to a goalless draw at the break, despite dominating the first 45 minutes with plenty of chances going amiss.

The hosts had an early break after three minutes when Tom Richards manoeuvred his way to goal, yet Shane Gore kept his attempt out.

Two minutes later, at the other end, Reece Beckles-Richards played out wide to Samir Bihmoutine, whose left sided cross met Rob Laney to power his header onto the woodwork with Slavomir Huk beaten.

Richards was at it again with ten minutes on the clock when he latched onto loose possession and fired towards the near-post, but Gore – determined to maintain a fourth clean sheet in a row – dived to his right to keep it out.

Most Read

With half an hour gone, Laney shimmied to the inside right and picked out Bihmoutine, who powered his shot over the upright.

Huk’s goal kick fell short towards Bihmoutine, who whipped in a cross for Laney to power a header low at the stopper five minutes on.

Seven minutes prior to the break, Tim Monsheju played through Beckles-Richards - who with patience - controlled onto his right foot and attempted a chip which Huk tipped clear.

Five minutes following the restart, the Wanderers took the lead. Guiseppe Sole juke and jived his way into the box before firing past Gore.

Two minutes on, the hosts’ ensured double-trouble. Jerry O’Sullivan took advantage of a lapse at the back to power with clout away from Gore.

12 minutes followed when Ola Williams broke down the right and hooked a cross to the back-post for Beckles-Richards, who headed at Huk.

Niall McManus hit at goal on the turn, which Gore denied at his near-post on 68 minutes and in the 82nd minute, it was 3-0.

Jason Prior - with plenty of time - struck across Gore on the inside left, yet supporters could be forgiven for a bewildered reaction after the ball found its way through the net.