Manu brace helps Wingate silence the Robins
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Wingate & Finchley 2 Carshalton Athletic 0
Wingate & Finchley gave their supporters an early Christmas present with a fine 2-0 win at home to Carshalton Athletic on Saturday.
Glen Little saw his improving team keep another clean sheet and strike once in each half to earn a seventh Bostik Premier win of the campaign.
A difficult match had been anticipated for the hosts, but the Blues opened the scoring in the 38th minute when David Manu controlled a high ball, dribbled into the area and added an impressive finish.
It remained 1-0 until half time, and on the hour mark Wingate were handed the chance to double their lead when Rob Laney was fouled inside the area.
You may also want to watch:
Manu, fresh from scoring the opener, stepped up and took the responsibility and got the job done from 12-yards with 62 on the clock to help the Blues clinch a two-goal success ahead of Boxing Day’s derby at Enfield Town.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 3 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 4 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 5 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 6 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 7 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 8 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 9 Heroic walker who raised thousands for charity dies aged 101
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate