Haringey knocked off top spot thanks to late goal
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Tonbridge Angels 1 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough suffered a disappointing 1-0 defeat away to Tonbridge Angels on Saturday – a result which saw them drop to second in the Bostik Premier.
It seemed the clash in Kent would end goalless, but Adam Ramaden’s goal in the 90th minute handed the away side a frustrating loss.
After a bright start from Tom Loizou’s men, Angels came back into the contest and it was 0-0 at the break.
Both sides pushed for the opener after the interval, but as the clock struck 90 it looked like it would end as a stalemate.
You may also want to watch:
Ramaden had other ideas, however, as he popped up with a last-gasp goal to stun the north Londoners.
Haringey’s 1-0 defeat, coupled with Dorking Wanderers’ 2-0 success at Potters Bar Town, resulted in a change of guard at the top.
- 1 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 2 Leila Roy tributes: 'We will miss her energy and her big heart'
- 3 WATCH: Hampstead 8-year-old teaches history to audience of thousands
- 4 Patients being treated in hospital for Covid falls by a quarter
- 5 Camden disabled resident on fears over Haverstock Hill cycle lanes
- 6 'Real disappointment' over uptake of Covid vaccine among care home staff
- 7 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 8 Highgate band take music on the road for an 'impossible tour'
- 9 Call to remember John Le Carré during Hampstead Heath celebrations
- 10 Joe Montemurro full of praise for Jordan Nobbs following Arsenal's win over Aston Villa
Wanderers are now first on 53 points while Borough sit second with 52 approaching the final 15 league matches of the season.