Haringey knocked off top spot thanks to late goal
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Tonbridge Angels 1 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough suffered a disappointing 1-0 defeat away to Tonbridge Angels on Saturday – a result which saw them drop to second in the Bostik Premier.
It seemed the clash in Kent would end goalless, but Adam Ramaden’s goal in the 90th minute handed the away side a frustrating loss.
After a bright start from Tom Loizou’s men, Angels came back into the contest and it was 0-0 at the break.
Both sides pushed for the opener after the interval, but as the clock struck 90 it looked like it would end as a stalemate.
You may also want to watch:
Ramaden had other ideas, however, as he popped up with a last-gasp goal to stun the north Londoners.
Haringey’s 1-0 defeat, coupled with Dorking Wanderers’ 2-0 success at Potters Bar Town, resulted in a change of guard at the top.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 4 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 5 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
Wanderers are now first on 53 points while Borough sit second with 52 approaching the final 15 league matches of the season.