Wingate slip into relegation zone after defeat away to Moatsiders
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Merstham 3 Wingate & Finchely 0
Wingate & Finchley dropped into the Bostik Premier bottom three after they lost 3-0 away to Merstham on Saturday.
The Blues went into the contest following back-to-back league defeats and were not able to halt the slide in Surrey.
After an even start, Merstham made the crucial breakthrough in the 25th minute thanks to Kershaney Samuels.
Roman Michael-Percil broke down the left and found Samuels, who placed into the far corner midway through the half.
Boosted by their goal, Merstham then increased their advantage with nine minutes left in the first period through Walter Figueira.
Tom Kavanagh’s lob deflected onto the crossbar and Figueira was on hand to tap in from close range.
- 1 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 10 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
Glen Little’s Blues did manage to survive the rest of the half without conceding again and pushed for a way back into the contest after the restart, but Michael-Percil added a third for the hosts on the stroke of full time from the penalty spot.