Wingate slip into relegation zone after defeat away to Moatsiders
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Merstham 3 Wingate & Finchely 0
Wingate & Finchley dropped into the Bostik Premier bottom three after they lost 3-0 away to Merstham on Saturday.
The Blues went into the contest following back-to-back league defeats and were not able to halt the slide in Surrey.
After an even start, Merstham made the crucial breakthrough in the 25th minute thanks to Kershaney Samuels.
Roman Michael-Percil broke down the left and found Samuels, who placed into the far corner midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Boosted by their goal, Merstham then increased their advantage with nine minutes left in the first period through Walter Figueira.
Tom Kavanagh’s lob deflected onto the crossbar and Figueira was on hand to tap in from close range.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52
- 10 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
Glen Little’s Blues did manage to survive the rest of the half without conceding again and pushed for a way back into the contest after the restart, but Michael-Percil added a third for the hosts on the stroke of full time from the penalty spot.