Wingate slip into relegation zone after defeat away to Moatsiders
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Merstham 3 Wingate & Finchely 0
Wingate & Finchley dropped into the Bostik Premier bottom three after they lost 3-0 away to Merstham on Saturday.
The Blues went into the contest following back-to-back league defeats and were not able to halt the slide in Surrey.
After an even start, Merstham made the crucial breakthrough in the 25th minute thanks to Kershaney Samuels.
Roman Michael-Percil broke down the left and found Samuels, who placed into the far corner midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Boosted by their goal, Merstham then increased their advantage with nine minutes left in the first period through Walter Figueira.
Tom Kavanagh’s lob deflected onto the crossbar and Figueira was on hand to tap in from close range.
- 1 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 5 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 6 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds
Glen Little’s Blues did manage to survive the rest of the half without conceding again and pushed for a way back into the contest after the restart, but Michael-Percil added a third for the hosts on the stroke of full time from the penalty spot.