Wingate slip into relegation zone after defeat away to Moatsiders
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Merstham 3 Wingate & Finchely 0
Wingate & Finchley dropped into the Bostik Premier bottom three after they lost 3-0 away to Merstham on Saturday.
The Blues went into the contest following back-to-back league defeats and were not able to halt the slide in Surrey.
After an even start, Merstham made the crucial breakthrough in the 25th minute thanks to Kershaney Samuels.
Roman Michael-Percil broke down the left and found Samuels, who placed into the far corner midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Boosted by their goal, Merstham then increased their advantage with nine minutes left in the first period through Walter Figueira.
Tom Kavanagh’s lob deflected onto the crossbar and Figueira was on hand to tap in from close range.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 4 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 5 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
Glen Little’s Blues did manage to survive the rest of the half without conceding again and pushed for a way back into the contest after the restart, but Michael-Percil added a third for the hosts on the stroke of full time from the penalty spot.