Wingate slip into relegation zone after defeat away to Moatsiders
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Merstham 3 Wingate & Finchely 0
Wingate & Finchley dropped into the Bostik Premier bottom three after they lost 3-0 away to Merstham on Saturday.
The Blues went into the contest following back-to-back league defeats and were not able to halt the slide in Surrey.
After an even start, Merstham made the crucial breakthrough in the 25th minute thanks to Kershaney Samuels.
Roman Michael-Percil broke down the left and found Samuels, who placed into the far corner midway through the half.
You may also want to watch:
Boosted by their goal, Merstham then increased their advantage with nine minutes left in the first period through Walter Figueira.
Tom Kavanagh’s lob deflected onto the crossbar and Figueira was on hand to tap in from close range.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
Glen Little’s Blues did manage to survive the rest of the half without conceding again and pushed for a way back into the contest after the restart, but Michael-Percil added a third for the hosts on the stroke of full time from the penalty spot.