Stalemate between play-off rivals Haringey and Merstham
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Merstham 0 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough and Merstham could not be separated in the Bostik Premier at the weekend with the promotion-chasing sides producing a goalless draw.
Tom Loizou’s men were probably the happier of the teams at full-time with their spot in second still assured.
Both clubs went into the fixture knowing the importance of a victory, but also aware of how damaging a defeat could be.
It was therefore perhaps not a surprise to see a tight and cagey affair occur from the off in Surrey.
Chances were few and far between and the first 45 ended goalless with no real moves made in this game of chest.
The second-half followed a similar pattern and despite a good opening for the hosts’ late on, it finished all square.
- 1 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 2 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 3 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 4 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 5 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 6 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 9 Crime writer: Why I'm donating royalties to Dogs Trust
- 10 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
Loizou’s Haringey remain second in the table and three points ahead of third-placed Merstham with 34 league matches played this season approaching the final six weeks of the campaign.