Stalemate between play-off rivals Haringey and Merstham
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Merstham 0 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough and Merstham could not be separated in the Bostik Premier at the weekend with the promotion-chasing sides producing a goalless draw.
Tom Loizou’s men were probably the happier of the teams at full-time with their spot in second still assured.
Both clubs went into the fixture knowing the importance of a victory, but also aware of how damaging a defeat could be.
It was therefore perhaps not a surprise to see a tight and cagey affair occur from the off in Surrey.
You may also want to watch:
Chances were few and far between and the first 45 ended goalless with no real moves made in this game of chest.
The second-half followed a similar pattern and despite a good opening for the hosts’ late on, it finished all square.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
Loizou’s Haringey remain second in the table and three points ahead of third-placed Merstham with 34 league matches played this season approaching the final six weeks of the campaign.