Stalemate between play-off rivals Haringey and Merstham
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Merstham 0 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough and Merstham could not be separated in the Bostik Premier at the weekend with the promotion-chasing sides producing a goalless draw.
Tom Loizou’s men were probably the happier of the teams at full-time with their spot in second still assured.
Both clubs went into the fixture knowing the importance of a victory, but also aware of how damaging a defeat could be.
It was therefore perhaps not a surprise to see a tight and cagey affair occur from the off in Surrey.
You may also want to watch:
Chances were few and far between and the first 45 ended goalless with no real moves made in this game of chest.
The second-half followed a similar pattern and despite a good opening for the hosts’ late on, it finished all square.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 5 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 8 Theatre review: Crouch End and Upminster collide in modern love story
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 10 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
Loizou’s Haringey remain second in the table and three points ahead of third-placed Merstham with 34 league matches played this season approaching the final six weeks of the campaign.