Pajetet keeps it clean to help Borough win at Margate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Margate 0 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough made it five victories in a row with an impressive 1-0 triumph at Margate in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men travelled to Kent eager to make it back-to-back wins in the division after success in various cup competitions already this month.
A close encounter occurred at Hartsdown Park and an even first half ended goalless despite both teams creating chances.
The opening goal of the game did arrive soon after the restart and it went to the away side in the 59th minute.
One-time Cyprus international Georgios Aresti was given too much space and drilled home from outside the area to put Borough in front.
Haringey should have doubled their advantage 10 minutes after the opener when they were awarded a penalty.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 4 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 7 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 8 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 9 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 10 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
Captain David Olufemi had been brought down and it gave Joel Nouble the chance to make it 2-0, but Henry Newcombe made a fine save to deny the forward.
This penalty stop lifted Margate’s spirits and they pressed for a way back into the game, but couldn’t beat former goalkeeper Valery Pajetet.
Gate’s ex-custodian dealt with any danger efficiently and frustration boiled over from the hosts in the 81st minute when substitute Sidney Sollis was sent off.
Borough then saw out the final exchanges to seal a superb three points and they will now host Harlow Town later this evening (Monday) at Coles Park.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone; Aresti (Djassi-Sambu 82), Staunton; McKenzie (Ademiluyi 78), Akinwande (Barker 90), Nouble.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Sanderson.