Pajetet keeps it clean to help Borough win at Margate
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Margate 0 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough made it five victories in a row with an impressive 1-0 triumph at Margate in the Bostik Premier on Saturday.
Tom Loizou’s men travelled to Kent eager to make it back-to-back wins in the division after success in various cup competitions already this month.
A close encounter occurred at Hartsdown Park and an even first half ended goalless despite both teams creating chances.
The opening goal of the game did arrive soon after the restart and it went to the away side in the 59th minute.
You may also want to watch:
One-time Cyprus international Georgios Aresti was given too much space and drilled home from outside the area to put Borough in front.
Haringey should have doubled their advantage 10 minutes after the opener when they were awarded a penalty.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
Captain David Olufemi had been brought down and it gave Joel Nouble the chance to make it 2-0, but Henry Newcombe made a fine save to deny the forward.
This penalty stop lifted Margate’s spirits and they pressed for a way back into the game, but couldn’t beat former goalkeeper Valery Pajetet.
Gate’s ex-custodian dealt with any danger efficiently and frustration boiled over from the hosts in the 81st minute when substitute Sidney Sollis was sent off.
Borough then saw out the final exchanges to seal a superb three points and they will now host Harlow Town later this evening (Monday) at Coles Park.
Haringey Borough: Pajetet; Olufemi, Kirby, Mitchell, O’Donoghue; Stone; Aresti (Djassi-Sambu 82), Staunton; McKenzie (Ademiluyi 78), Akinwande (Barker 90), Nouble.
Unused substitutes: Byfield, Sanderson.