Albion edge five-goal thriller to make cup final
- Credit: Archant
Middlesex Sunday Junior Trophy semi-final: Highgate Albion thirds 3 St Mary’s Harefield 2
Highgate Albion thirds made it through to the final of the Middlesex Sunday Junior Trophy final with a 3-2 win over St Mary’s Harefield.
Conditions weren’t the best with a heavy wind present, which made it a tricky tie for both clubs.
Albion went 1-0 up when cousins Luke Morgan and Paul Reid pressed, which was duly rewarded when Reid slotted home the opener.
Harefield bounced back with a superb free kick before our very own captain Daniel Glaude responded with a fine free kick to restore the lead.
You may also want to watch:
With quarter of an hour to go, Harefield equalised from the penalty spot, which set up a dramatic finale.
The game was end-to-end now and Albion man of the match Joe O’Connor became the hero as he headed home with seven to go from Shane McNamara’s long throw.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 8 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three side Highgate are now getting ready for the April 14 cup final where they will go up against Bedfont & Feltham.