Blues come from behind to boost survival hopes
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 1 Wingate & Finchley 2
Wingate & Finchley produced arguably their performance of the season to fight back from a goal down to win 2-1 at local rivals Haringey Borough in the Bostik Premier on Monday.
Dave Norman’s team had dropped back into the relegation zone following a poor run of defeats and looked to be heading for another at Coles Park.
Femi Akinwande opened the scoring for Borough with four minutes of the first half left in front of 614 spectators.
It was not one-way traffic from there though, and Alieu Njie levelled for the Blues in the 52nd minute.
You may also want to watch:
With Wingate in the ascendancy, they grabbed a second 11 minutes later through the in-form Anthony Mendy.
After taking the lead, the Maurice Rebak Stadium club were determined to hold onto it and defended resolutely before the full time whistle followed.
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 'Survived the storm': West Hampstead's The Alliance Pub wins reader's poll
- 8 Free festival to take over the streets of Camden
- 9 Haringey Green Lanes flat fire sees 40 firefighters tackle blaze
- 10 Hampstead's Burgh House Cafe wins readers' poll
Blues are now 19th in the table and two clear of the bottom three heading into the last weekend of the season.