Borough shut out Potters Bar to be number one at Christmas
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 1 Potters Bar Town 0
Haringey Borough sit top of the Bostik Premier table at Christmas thanks to Ralston Gabriel’s second-half winner against Potters Bar Town on Saturday.
The two clubs, who were in the division below last season, produced a tight contest at Coles Park and only one goal was scored.
Unsurprisingly, it went to Borough, who continued their incredible run of form since they exited the FA Cup in the first round to AFC Wimbledon on November 9.
Boss Tom Loizou went into the contest with Town knowing a point would be enough to see them sit in first position on Christmas day.
You may also want to watch:
Recent recruit Gabriel, who scored the goals to take Borough up last season, made sure Haringey’s last result before December 25 was a win.
He netted with 51 on the clock to delight a large crowd of 320 and next up for Loizou’s surprise package is a clash at home to Merstham on Saturday, December 29.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 7 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates