Borough shut out Potters Bar to be number one at Christmas
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 1 Potters Bar Town 0
Haringey Borough sit top of the Bostik Premier table at Christmas thanks to Ralston Gabriel’s second-half winner against Potters Bar Town on Saturday.
The two clubs, who were in the division below last season, produced a tight contest at Coles Park and only one goal was scored.
Unsurprisingly, it went to Borough, who continued their incredible run of form since they exited the FA Cup in the first round to AFC Wimbledon on November 9.
Boss Tom Loizou went into the contest with Town knowing a point would be enough to see them sit in first position on Christmas day.
You may also want to watch:
Recent recruit Gabriel, who scored the goals to take Borough up last season, made sure Haringey’s last result before December 25 was a win.
He netted with 51 on the clock to delight a large crowd of 320 and next up for Loizou’s surprise package is a clash at home to Merstham on Saturday, December 29.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 10 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day