Borough secure back-to-back home wins
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 2 Lewes 1
Haringey Borough delighted another big home crowd with an excellent 2-1 win at home to mid-table Lewes on Saturday.
A total attendance of 523 was recorded at Coles Park – their second best in the Bostik Premier this season – and an entertaining match was produced.
Tom Loizou’s men took an early lead on a warm day when Coby Rowe headed home a free kick with 16 minutes played.
It was shortlived for the hosts, however, as Benjamin Pope levelled in the 21st minute in north London.
You may also want to watch:
The score remained 1-1 at the break, but Borough regained their advantage just before the hour mark.
Dimitrius Froxylias cut in from the right and let fly from outside the area and found the bottom corner.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 5 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
It gave Haringey the initiative again and they didn’t lead the lead slip this time as they secured a 20th league victory of the season to remain in second spot.