Borough secure back-to-back home wins
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 2 Lewes 1
Haringey Borough delighted another big home crowd with an excellent 2-1 win at home to mid-table Lewes on Saturday.
A total attendance of 523 was recorded at Coles Park – their second best in the Bostik Premier this season – and an entertaining match was produced.
Tom Loizou’s men took an early lead on a warm day when Coby Rowe headed home a free kick with 16 minutes played.
It was shortlived for the hosts, however, as Benjamin Pope levelled in the 21st minute in north London.
You may also want to watch:
The score remained 1-1 at the break, but Borough regained their advantage just before the hour mark.
Dimitrius Froxylias cut in from the right and let fly from outside the area and found the bottom corner.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
It gave Haringey the initiative again and they didn’t lead the lead slip this time as they secured a 20th league victory of the season to remain in second spot.