Borough secure back-to-back home wins
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Haringey Borough 2 Lewes 1
Haringey Borough delighted another big home crowd with an excellent 2-1 win at home to mid-table Lewes on Saturday.
A total attendance of 523 was recorded at Coles Park – their second best in the Bostik Premier this season – and an entertaining match was produced.
Tom Loizou’s men took an early lead on a warm day when Coby Rowe headed home a free kick with 16 minutes played.
It was shortlived for the hosts, however, as Benjamin Pope levelled in the 21st minute in north London.
You may also want to watch:
The score remained 1-1 at the break, but Borough regained their advantage just before the hour mark.
Dimitrius Froxylias cut in from the right and let fly from outside the area and found the bottom corner.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Parliament Hill viewpoint works delayed by nesting birds
- 10 Letter on shopping for one!
It gave Haringey the initiative again and they didn’t lead the lead slip this time as they secured a 20th league victory of the season to remain in second spot.