Professional Haringey down Dockers to make it four wins in a row
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup second qualifying round: Haringey Borough 2 Erith Town 0
Haringey Borough reached the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-0 win at home to Erith Town on Saturday.
It was a fourth consecutive victory for Tom Loizou’s team and saw them pocket £9,000 in prize money.
After wins over Brentwood Town, Whitehawk and Beckenham Town already this month, Borough were out for more success last weekend.
They welcomed Erith Town, of the Southern Counties East League Premier Division, to Coles Park and produced a professional display to triumph.
Joel Nouble opened the scoring in the 37th minute from the penalty spot to keep up his fine form.
It was 2-0 shortly after the break with Chinedu McKenzie continuing his impressive run with his fifth goal from his last seven matches in all competitions.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
Borough managed to shut out the Dockers for the rest of the match to claim a clean sheet and book their spot in today’s third qualifying round draw.