Professional Haringey down Dockers to make it four wins in a row
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup second qualifying round: Haringey Borough 2 Erith Town 0
Haringey Borough reached the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-0 win at home to Erith Town on Saturday.
It was a fourth consecutive victory for Tom Loizou’s team and saw them pocket £9,000 in prize money.
After wins over Brentwood Town, Whitehawk and Beckenham Town already this month, Borough were out for more success last weekend.
They welcomed Erith Town, of the Southern Counties East League Premier Division, to Coles Park and produced a professional display to triumph.
You may also want to watch:
Joel Nouble opened the scoring in the 37th minute from the penalty spot to keep up his fine form.
It was 2-0 shortly after the break with Chinedu McKenzie continuing his impressive run with his fifth goal from his last seven matches in all competitions.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 7 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
Borough managed to shut out the Dockers for the rest of the match to claim a clean sheet and book their spot in today’s third qualifying round draw.