Professional Haringey down Dockers to make it four wins in a row
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup second qualifying round: Haringey Borough 2 Erith Town 0
Haringey Borough reached the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-0 win at home to Erith Town on Saturday.
It was a fourth consecutive victory for Tom Loizou’s team and saw them pocket £9,000 in prize money.
After wins over Brentwood Town, Whitehawk and Beckenham Town already this month, Borough were out for more success last weekend.
They welcomed Erith Town, of the Southern Counties East League Premier Division, to Coles Park and produced a professional display to triumph.
Joel Nouble opened the scoring in the 37th minute from the penalty spot to keep up his fine form.
It was 2-0 shortly after the break with Chinedu McKenzie continuing his impressive run with his fifth goal from his last seven matches in all competitions.
- 1 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 2 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 3 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 4 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 5 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 6 Elvis Presley songwriter and former Ham&High columnist dies aged 82
- 7 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 8 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 9 Father's fear autistic son will 'dive through' window of unsafe West Hampstead home
- 10 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
Borough managed to shut out the Dockers for the rest of the match to claim a clean sheet and book their spot in today’s third qualifying round draw.