Professional Haringey down Dockers to make it four wins in a row
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Cup second qualifying round: Haringey Borough 2 Erith Town 0
Haringey Borough reached the third qualifying round of the FA Cup with a 2-0 win at home to Erith Town on Saturday.
It was a fourth consecutive victory for Tom Loizou’s team and saw them pocket £9,000 in prize money.
After wins over Brentwood Town, Whitehawk and Beckenham Town already this month, Borough were out for more success last weekend.
They welcomed Erith Town, of the Southern Counties East League Premier Division, to Coles Park and produced a professional display to triumph.
You may also want to watch:
Joel Nouble opened the scoring in the 37th minute from the penalty spot to keep up his fine form.
It was 2-0 shortly after the break with Chinedu McKenzie continuing his impressive run with his fifth goal from his last seven matches in all competitions.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 6 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 7 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 10 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
Borough managed to shut out the Dockers for the rest of the match to claim a clean sheet and book their spot in today’s third qualifying round draw.