Haringey held at home in FA Trophy by Generals
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Haringey Borough 1 Chesham United 1
Haringey Borough were pegged back by Chesham United in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on Saturday and will do battle again in a replay on Tuesday.
Tom Loizou’s men scored after only five minutes at Coles Park, but the Generals hit back in the second period to clinch a draw and set up another meeting this week.
It didn’t take Borough very long to open the scoring when Lionel Stone found the net inside the opening exchanges.
The Bostik Premier club were unable to add to their tally, however, but managed to be 1-0 up at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Pearce quickly cancelled out Stone’s opener though, when he scored past Valery Pajetet in the 66th minute.
Both teams pushed for a winner afterwards, but the crowd of 203 didn’t see any more goals and it means Loizou’s side will now make the long trip to Buckinghamshire on Tuesday night.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 5 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 6 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Revealed: How council paid £23m for an office block valued at £10m
- 10 Camden men jailed for rape of teenager targeted by Tube station