Haringey held at home in FA Trophy by Generals
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Haringey Borough 1 Chesham United 1
Haringey Borough were pegged back by Chesham United in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on Saturday and will do battle again in a replay on Tuesday.
Tom Loizou’s men scored after only five minutes at Coles Park, but the Generals hit back in the second period to clinch a draw and set up another meeting this week.
It didn’t take Borough very long to open the scoring when Lionel Stone found the net inside the opening exchanges.
The Bostik Premier club were unable to add to their tally, however, but managed to be 1-0 up at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Pearce quickly cancelled out Stone’s opener though, when he scored past Valery Pajetet in the 66th minute.
Both teams pushed for a winner afterwards, but the crowd of 203 didn’t see any more goals and it means Loizou’s side will now make the long trip to Buckinghamshire on Tuesday night.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates