Haringey held at home in FA Trophy by Generals
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Haringey Borough 1 Chesham United 1
Haringey Borough were pegged back by Chesham United in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on Saturday and will do battle again in a replay on Tuesday.
Tom Loizou’s men scored after only five minutes at Coles Park, but the Generals hit back in the second period to clinch a draw and set up another meeting this week.
It didn’t take Borough very long to open the scoring when Lionel Stone found the net inside the opening exchanges.
The Bostik Premier club were unable to add to their tally, however, but managed to be 1-0 up at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Pearce quickly cancelled out Stone’s opener though, when he scored past Valery Pajetet in the 66th minute.
Both teams pushed for a winner afterwards, but the crowd of 203 didn’t see any more goals and it means Loizou’s side will now make the long trip to Buckinghamshire on Tuesday night.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners