Haringey held at home in FA Trophy by Generals
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
FA Trophy first qualifying round: Haringey Borough 1 Chesham United 1
Haringey Borough were pegged back by Chesham United in the first qualifying round of the FA Trophy on Saturday and will do battle again in a replay on Tuesday.
Tom Loizou’s men scored after only five minutes at Coles Park, but the Generals hit back in the second period to clinch a draw and set up another meeting this week.
It didn’t take Borough very long to open the scoring when Lionel Stone found the net inside the opening exchanges.
The Bostik Premier club were unable to add to their tally, however, but managed to be 1-0 up at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Pearce quickly cancelled out Stone’s opener though, when he scored past Valery Pajetet in the 66th minute.
Both teams pushed for a winner afterwards, but the crowd of 203 didn’t see any more goals and it means Loizou’s side will now make the long trip to Buckinghamshire on Tuesday night.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 5 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres