Wingate lose bragging rights to Enfield rivals
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Enfield Town 4 Wingate & Finchley 1
Wingate & Finchley suffered a disappointing Boxing Day after they lost 4-1 to local rivals Enfield Town in the Bostik Premier.
Glen Little’s side made the short trip to the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium eager to build on their encouraging recent run, but came unstuck against former centre back Marc Weatherstone.
Muhammadu Faal scored twice for the hosts inside 21 minutes to put Enfield in control and it remained that way until half time.
David Manu pulled one back for Wingate four minutes into the second period, but Town made the points safe when Billy Bricknell scored a penalty in the 51st minute.
You may also want to watch:
Junior Mubiayi concluded the scoring for Enfield with 83 on the clock as the Blues suffered a disappointing three-goal loss.
Little’s team will look to bounce back on New Year’s Day when Haringey Borough visit the Maurice Rebak Stadium for a 3pm kick-off with the visitors top of the table.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Keepers read bedtime 'tails' from London Zoo during closure
- 4 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 8 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's