Wingate lose bragging rights to Enfield rivals
- Credit: Archant
Bostik Premier: Enfield Town 4 Wingate & Finchley 1
Wingate & Finchley suffered a disappointing Boxing Day after they lost 4-1 to local rivals Enfield Town in the Bostik Premier.
Glen Little’s side made the short trip to the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium eager to build on their encouraging recent run, but came unstuck against former centre back Marc Weatherstone.
Muhammadu Faal scored twice for the hosts inside 21 minutes to put Enfield in control and it remained that way until half time.
David Manu pulled one back for Wingate four minutes into the second period, but Town made the points safe when Billy Bricknell scored a penalty in the 51st minute.
You may also want to watch:
Junior Mubiayi concluded the scoring for Enfield with 83 on the clock as the Blues suffered a disappointing three-goal loss.
Little’s team will look to bounce back on New Year’s Day when Haringey Borough visit the Maurice Rebak Stadium for a 3pm kick-off with the visitors top of the table.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill