Haringey secure home advantage in play-offs despite final-day defeat
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dorking Wanderers 2 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough finished a tremendous regular Bostik Premier season in third after results went their way on the final day of the campaign.
Tom Loizou’s men lost 2-0 away to champions Dorking Wanderers which meant they could have dropped to fourth in the table had Tonbridge Angels been victories.
However, Angels lost 2-1 at Potters Bar Town and so Borough secured third position in their maiden campaign at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Borough did make the worse possible start at Meadowbank with Jason Prior firing the champions ahead in the sixth minute.
You may also want to watch:
Elliot Buchanan extended their advantage with 38 on the clock and it finished 2-0 in Surrey to see Haringey end the season on 71 points – level with second in the table Carshalton Athletic.
Loizou’s men are now preparing to host Angels on Thursday at Coles Park for what will be a terrific Bostik Premier play-off semi-final.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 3 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 4 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 5 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher