Haringey secure home advantage in play-offs despite final-day defeat
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dorking Wanderers 2 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough finished a tremendous regular Bostik Premier season in third after results went their way on the final day of the campaign.
Tom Loizou’s men lost 2-0 away to champions Dorking Wanderers which meant they could have dropped to fourth in the table had Tonbridge Angels been victories.
However, Angels lost 2-1 at Potters Bar Town and so Borough secured third position in their maiden campaign at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Borough did make the worse possible start at Meadowbank with Jason Prior firing the champions ahead in the sixth minute.
You may also want to watch:
Elliot Buchanan extended their advantage with 38 on the clock and it finished 2-0 in Surrey to see Haringey end the season on 71 points – level with second in the table Carshalton Athletic.
Loizou’s men are now preparing to host Angels on Thursday at Coles Park for what will be a terrific Bostik Premier play-off semi-final.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office