Haringey secure home advantage in play-offs despite final-day defeat
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Dorking Wanderers 2 Haringey Borough 0
Haringey Borough finished a tremendous regular Bostik Premier season in third after results went their way on the final day of the campaign.
Tom Loizou’s men lost 2-0 away to champions Dorking Wanderers which meant they could have dropped to fourth in the table had Tonbridge Angels been victories.
However, Angels lost 2-1 at Potters Bar Town and so Borough secured third position in their maiden campaign at step three of the non-league pyramid.
Borough did make the worse possible start at Meadowbank with Jason Prior firing the champions ahead in the sixth minute.
You may also want to watch:
Elliot Buchanan extended their advantage with 38 on the clock and it finished 2-0 in Surrey to see Haringey end the season on 71 points – level with second in the table Carshalton Athletic.
Loizou’s men are now preparing to host Angels on Thursday at Coles Park for what will be a terrific Bostik Premier play-off semi-final.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate