Casuals bring FA Cup heroes Borough back down to earth
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Corinthian-Casuals 3 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough suffered a third consecutive defeat in the Bostik Premier after losing 3-1 at Corinthian-Casuals on Tuesday.
Days after reaching the first round of the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history, Tom Loizou’s men were given a rude awakening at King George’s Field.
Things started promisingly for Borough when Mark Kirby headed them into a lead after only 10 minutes.
It was not a sign of things to come, however, as Casuals equalised just before the half an hour mark through Warren Mfula.
You may also want to watch:
Another goal occurred before the break and crucially it went to the hosts as Juevan Spencer beat Valery Pajetet to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The fourth goal of the game was always set to be key and it went to Casuals as Mu Mann made it 3-1 in the 66th minute.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 3 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 4 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 5 Ken Clarke's Infected Blood Inquiry words were 'offensive' – campaigners
- 6 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 7 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 8 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 9 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
Borough are now 18th in the standings and only two points above the relegation zone