Casuals bring FA Cup heroes Borough back down to earth
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Corinthian-Casuals 3 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough suffered a third consecutive defeat in the Bostik Premier after losing 3-1 at Corinthian-Casuals on Tuesday.
Days after reaching the first round of the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history, Tom Loizou’s men were given a rude awakening at King George’s Field.
Things started promisingly for Borough when Mark Kirby headed them into a lead after only 10 minutes.
It was not a sign of things to come, however, as Casuals equalised just before the half an hour mark through Warren Mfula.
You may also want to watch:
Another goal occurred before the break and crucially it went to the hosts as Juevan Spencer beat Valery Pajetet to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The fourth goal of the game was always set to be key and it went to Casuals as Mu Mann made it 3-1 in the 66th minute.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 6 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 10 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
Borough are now 18th in the standings and only two points above the relegation zone