Casuals bring FA Cup heroes Borough back down to earth
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Corinthian-Casuals 3 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough suffered a third consecutive defeat in the Bostik Premier after losing 3-1 at Corinthian-Casuals on Tuesday.
Days after reaching the first round of the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history, Tom Loizou’s men were given a rude awakening at King George’s Field.
Things started promisingly for Borough when Mark Kirby headed them into a lead after only 10 minutes.
It was not a sign of things to come, however, as Casuals equalised just before the half an hour mark through Warren Mfula.
Another goal occurred before the break and crucially it went to the hosts as Juevan Spencer beat Valery Pajetet to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The fourth goal of the game was always set to be key and it went to Casuals as Mu Mann made it 3-1 in the 66th minute.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 4 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 7 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 8 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 9 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 10 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
Borough are now 18th in the standings and only two points above the relegation zone