Casuals bring FA Cup heroes Borough back down to earth
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Corinthian-Casuals 3 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough suffered a third consecutive defeat in the Bostik Premier after losing 3-1 at Corinthian-Casuals on Tuesday.
Days after reaching the first round of the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history, Tom Loizou’s men were given a rude awakening at King George’s Field.
Things started promisingly for Borough when Mark Kirby headed them into a lead after only 10 minutes.
It was not a sign of things to come, however, as Casuals equalised just before the half an hour mark through Warren Mfula.
You may also want to watch:
Another goal occurred before the break and crucially it went to the hosts as Juevan Spencer beat Valery Pajetet to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The fourth goal of the game was always set to be key and it went to Casuals as Mu Mann made it 3-1 in the 66th minute.
- 1 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 2 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 3 Kentish Town café fundraises to keep community spirit alive
- 4 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 5 Free Nazanin: Calls for clarity as West Hampstead mum's sentence draws to a close
- 6 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 7 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Hampstead's Karma Bread thanks Royal Free staff with baked goods
Borough are now 18th in the standings and only two points above the relegation zone