Casuals bring FA Cup heroes Borough back down to earth
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Bostik Premier: Corinthian-Casuals 3 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough suffered a third consecutive defeat in the Bostik Premier after losing 3-1 at Corinthian-Casuals on Tuesday.
Days after reaching the first round of the FA Cup for the first time in the club’s history, Tom Loizou’s men were given a rude awakening at King George’s Field.
Things started promisingly for Borough when Mark Kirby headed them into a lead after only 10 minutes.
It was not a sign of things to come, however, as Casuals equalised just before the half an hour mark through Warren Mfula.
You may also want to watch:
Another goal occurred before the break and crucially it went to the hosts as Juevan Spencer beat Valery Pajetet to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The fourth goal of the game was always set to be key and it went to Casuals as Mu Mann made it 3-1 in the 66th minute.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Vivianne Miedema voted Women's Super League's greatest ever player
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 6 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 7 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 Tulip Siddiq MP: 'Nurseries are at the brink of collapse'
- 10 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
Borough are now 18th in the standings and only two points above the relegation zone