Borough exit Velocity Trophy after defeat away to Bowers
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Velocity Trophy first round: Bowers & Pitsea 3 Haringey Borough 1
Haringey Borough failed to build on an early goal in their 3-1 loss away to Bowers & Pitsea in the first round of the Velocity Trophy last night.
Tom Loizou made nine changes from the side which saw off AFC Sudbury in the FA Cup on Saturday and saw the hosts fight back to secure a spot in the next round.
Visiting Borough took the lead after only 10 minutes when Michael Ademiluyi, one of two players who started at the weekend, found the net to make it 1-0 to the away side at the Len Salmon Stadium.
Rob Smalls’ Bowers, who also changed things about, equalised just five minutes later when Quentin Monville fired past Haringey deputy goalkeeper Austin Byfield.
You may also want to watch:
It was 2-1 to the home side 11 minutes later when Max Cornhill found the net and it remained that way until half time.
Boss Loizou replaced Ali Setirekli with Jack Price at the break, but saw Cornhill grab a second on the hour mark to put Bowers in control.
- 1 Old Hampstead police station sold by Department for Education at £4m loss
- 2 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Outdoor dining and one-way traffic to stay in St John's Wood High Street
- 4 Crouch End entrepreneur supports Moroccan women with textile business
- 5 Taste of Nawab: A community staple with Tripadvisor acclaim
- 6 High Court date set for disabled swimmer's challenge over ponds charges
- 7 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
- 8 Skyscraper plans rejected by Westminster Council over damage to views
- 9 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins reader's favourite restaurant
- 10 New sixth form site for Westminster school gets go-ahead
Callum Ismael was introduced for Andreas Loizou with 63 on the clock, but the away side couldn’t force a comeback and exited the competition.
Haringey’s loss prevents them setting up a second round home tie with local side Wingate & Finchley.
Next up for Loizou’s Borough is a Bostik Premier encounter away to Burgess Hill Town this weekend.
Haringey Borough: Byfield; Loizou (Ismael 63), Kirby, Rowe, Gomes Sanha; Sanderson, Barker, Andic; Setirekli (Price 46), Ademiluyi, Carvalho.
Unused substitutes: Pajetet, Mitchell, Aresti.