Highgate enjoy productive weekend to take over at the top
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three: Arnos Rangers 0 Highgate Albion thirds 4
Highgate Albion third-team shot to the top of the table this week thanks to a win being awarded plus a 4-0 away win to Arnos Rangers at Oak Hill Park on Sunday.
Albion has been due to play Brotherhood, however, the opposition pulled out as they were unable to field a team and Highgate took the points.
Fortunately an alternative game against Arnos Rangers was able to go ahead and despite the terrible conditions of the pitch, Highgate ended up winning comfortably.
Man of the match Alan Callaghan scored two to end a goal draught stretching back to November and Sam Bryan and Jamie King both netted for the second game in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Case, following ankle ligament damage, returned and impressed in his first Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three game for a lengthy period of time during a 30-minute cameo.
Albion face AFC Oakwood this coming Sunday away from home and will hope to keep the end of season form going with a cup final and the league title in their sights.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 5 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 6 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 9 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 10 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing