Highgate enjoy productive weekend to take over at the top
- Credit: Archant
Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three: Arnos Rangers 0 Highgate Albion thirds 4
Highgate Albion third-team shot to the top of the table this week thanks to a win being awarded plus a 4-0 away win to Arnos Rangers at Oak Hill Park on Sunday.
Albion has been due to play Brotherhood, however, the opposition pulled out as they were unable to field a team and Highgate took the points.
Fortunately an alternative game against Arnos Rangers was able to go ahead and despite the terrible conditions of the pitch, Highgate ended up winning comfortably.
Man of the match Alan Callaghan scored two to end a goal draught stretching back to November and Sam Bryan and Jamie King both netted for the second game in a row.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Case, following ankle ligament damage, returned and impressed in his first Barnet Sunday Football League Division Three game for a lengthy period of time during a 30-minute cameo.
Albion face AFC Oakwood this coming Sunday away from home and will hope to keep the end of season form going with a cup final and the league title in their sights.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband