Isthmian Premier: Margate 1 Wingate & Finchley 0
- Credit: Archant
Wingate & Finchley endured another set back as they fell to a second consecutive defeat in the Isthmian Premier Division with a narrow 1-0 loss to mid-table Margate.
A 23rd minute strike from the hosts Kadell Daniel sealed the three points for The Gate at Hartsdown Park to move Jay Saunder's men up to 12th while the Blues remain 19th just above the relegation zone.
The hosts goal came out of nothing as former Dover Athletic attacker Daniel reactsed quickest to a loose rebound and fired home to give them an early 1-0 lead.
Wingate tried to level the score as Tommy Tejan-Sie had a low drive saved, before Kane Farrell found the side netting from 20 yards short after.
They went into the half-time trailing 1-0 but got off to a strong start in the second-half with alot of possession and chances - one being a Chris Doyle header from six yards that was parried behind.
You may also want to watch:
Late on Margate's Adem Ramadan blazed over from a rebound after a Daniel shot, with the goal gaping, but they held on to seal the win.
Margate: Tupper, Sessesgnon, Porter, Prestedge, Johnson, Friend, Richards, Robins, Reeves, Daniel, Ramadan (Abnett 73).
- 1 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 4 Hampstead bakery sells challah hearts for Mental Health Awareness Week
- 5 British fencing great Richard Kruse announces retirement
- 6 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 7 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'
- 8 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 9 Bishopwood Bowling Club hopes to create new image for the sport
- 10 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
Unused subs: Holloway, Gallagher, Geddes
Wingate & Finchley: Gore, Doyle, Farrell, Rifat , Eales, Grace, Ifil, Tejan-Sie, Evans, Cotter, Sayoud (Kennedy 76).
Unused subs: Platt, Antwi, Hale-Brown.