Mana Iwabuchi wins Arsenal goal of the month award
- Credit: PA
Mana Iwabuchi has won Arsenal’s goal of the month award for August for her stunning strike against PSV Eindhoven in Champions League qualification.
Iwabuchi’s strike finished with 64 per cent of the votes cast, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's against West Brom in the Carabao Cup finishing in second place.
Vivianne Miedema's goal against PSV was just edged out into third place.
Iwabuchi picked the ball out wide before twisting and turning before firing her strike into the top corner beyond the reach of Sari van Veenendaal.
Iwabuchi has made a bright start to her Arsenal career scoring in the Champions League and also claiming an assist against Chelsea in the opening game of the season as the Gunners won 3-2.
You may also want to watch:
Iwabuchi has scored three goals for the Gunners so far in the Champions League two in that win against PSV and the opener against FC Okzhetpes.
Arsenal are currently second in the Women’s Super League table behind Brighton & Hove Albion with Manchester City up next for Jonas Eidevall’s side on Sunday, September 26.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 3 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 4 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 7 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 8 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 9 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 10 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?