Lucky 13 as Hwarang Taekwondo show their class in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen members of Hwarang Taekwondo travelled to Bristol for the UK Taekwondo Development Council Annual Open Championships – and all of them returned home with medals.
Around 200 World Taekwondo Federation fighters from around the UK took part in the event, and Hwarang sent a team of seven to 14-year-olds, who attend classes in Oval Road in Camden and at Swiss Cottage Community Centre.
The squad (pictured) included four A-class black belts. Alex Wright, 12, who won the bronze at the Scottish International Open Championships in November, took the gold in Bristol – as did 14-year-old Ammar Satia.
Daniel Bramah, 12, won gold at last year’s tournament and he picked up silver this time, while Vikram Ramaswamy, 12, secured bronze in his first external inter-club tournament.
There were five other gold medals for Hwarang, with Shania Sergeant, Ivy Johnson, Noah Faruque, Joshua Ovie and Econ Abraham also scooping the top prize.
You may also want to watch:
There were silvers for Luca Khukaleishvili, Ali Satia and Sonny Glazer, while Kian Morgan-Sullman picked up a bronze to ensure success for every team member.
Master Daniel Kobbina said: “I believed in the training and I thought they could all do well, but I was over the moon. I was very impressed and very proud.”
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 3 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 10 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
Anyone interested in getting involved with Hwarang Taekwondo can email email@example.com or visit the club’s website at www.londontaekwondoclub.com