Lucky 13 as Hwarang Taekwondo show their class in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen members of Hwarang Taekwondo travelled to Bristol for the UK Taekwondo Development Council Annual Open Championships – and all of them returned home with medals.
Around 200 World Taekwondo Federation fighters from around the UK took part in the event, and Hwarang sent a team of seven to 14-year-olds, who attend classes in Oval Road in Camden and at Swiss Cottage Community Centre.
The squad (pictured) included four A-class black belts. Alex Wright, 12, who won the bronze at the Scottish International Open Championships in November, took the gold in Bristol – as did 14-year-old Ammar Satia.
Daniel Bramah, 12, won gold at last year’s tournament and he picked up silver this time, while Vikram Ramaswamy, 12, secured bronze in his first external inter-club tournament.
There were five other gold medals for Hwarang, with Shania Sergeant, Ivy Johnson, Noah Faruque, Joshua Ovie and Econ Abraham also scooping the top prize.
There were silvers for Luca Khukaleishvili, Ali Satia and Sonny Glazer, while Kian Morgan-Sullman picked up a bronze to ensure success for every team member.
Master Daniel Kobbina said: “I believed in the training and I thought they could all do well, but I was over the moon. I was very impressed and very proud.”
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 8 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 9 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 10 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
Anyone interested in getting involved with Hwarang Taekwondo can email email@example.com or visit the club’s website at www.londontaekwondoclub.com