Lucky 13 as Hwarang Taekwondo show their class in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen members of Hwarang Taekwondo travelled to Bristol for the UK Taekwondo Development Council Annual Open Championships – and all of them returned home with medals.
Around 200 World Taekwondo Federation fighters from around the UK took part in the event, and Hwarang sent a team of seven to 14-year-olds, who attend classes in Oval Road in Camden and at Swiss Cottage Community Centre.
The squad (pictured) included four A-class black belts. Alex Wright, 12, who won the bronze at the Scottish International Open Championships in November, took the gold in Bristol – as did 14-year-old Ammar Satia.
Daniel Bramah, 12, won gold at last year’s tournament and he picked up silver this time, while Vikram Ramaswamy, 12, secured bronze in his first external inter-club tournament.
There were five other gold medals for Hwarang, with Shania Sergeant, Ivy Johnson, Noah Faruque, Joshua Ovie and Econ Abraham also scooping the top prize.
You may also want to watch:
There were silvers for Luca Khukaleishvili, Ali Satia and Sonny Glazer, while Kian Morgan-Sullman picked up a bronze to ensure success for every team member.
Master Daniel Kobbina said: “I believed in the training and I thought they could all do well, but I was over the moon. I was very impressed and very proud.”
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Anyone interested in getting involved with Hwarang Taekwondo can email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the club’s website at www.londontaekwondoclub.com