Lucky 13 as Hwarang Taekwondo show their class in Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Thirteen members of Hwarang Taekwondo travelled to Bristol for the UK Taekwondo Development Council Annual Open Championships – and all of them returned home with medals.
Around 200 World Taekwondo Federation fighters from around the UK took part in the event, and Hwarang sent a team of seven to 14-year-olds, who attend classes in Oval Road in Camden and at Swiss Cottage Community Centre.
The squad (pictured) included four A-class black belts. Alex Wright, 12, who won the bronze at the Scottish International Open Championships in November, took the gold in Bristol – as did 14-year-old Ammar Satia.
Daniel Bramah, 12, won gold at last year’s tournament and he picked up silver this time, while Vikram Ramaswamy, 12, secured bronze in his first external inter-club tournament.
There were five other gold medals for Hwarang, with Shania Sergeant, Ivy Johnson, Noah Faruque, Joshua Ovie and Econ Abraham also scooping the top prize.
You may also want to watch:
There were silvers for Luca Khukaleishvili, Ali Satia and Sonny Glazer, while Kian Morgan-Sullman picked up a bronze to ensure success for every team member.
Master Daniel Kobbina said: “I believed in the training and I thought they could all do well, but I was over the moon. I was very impressed and very proud.”
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
Anyone interested in getting involved with Hwarang Taekwondo can email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the club’s website at www.londontaekwondoclub.com