Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- Credit: PA
Local residents and primary care staff have received the coronavirus vaccine at Lord's Cricket Ground.
MCC and Healthcare Central London have created a vaccination centre at the venue in St John's Wood, which expected to see 1,000 people on Friday.
"We are eager to continue to assist wherever we can with the rollout of the vaccination programme," Guy Lavender, chief executive and secretary of MCC, said.
"We are fortunate to be able to have the appropriate facilities at Lord's and we are extremely glad to be able to support the NHS and our community in this way.
"During the pandemic we have been able to provide amenities to local hospitals and we are eager to continue to assist wherever we can with the rollout of the vaccination programme."
A number of sporting venues have been earmarked to assist with the vaccination programme and the All England Club - which hosts the Wimbledon tennis championships - has also offered its services.
- 1 Ashling Murphy: Camden pays tribute to murdered primary school teacher
- 2 North London road and rail disruptions in the week ahead
- 3 Drug runner caught at Euston with heroin in underwear jailed for four years
- 4 The story of a pond returning to Hampstead Heath
- 5 How a stray Hampstead cat changed the life of artist Louis Wain
- 6 Hampstead retail site snapped up for £7m by property firm
- 7 Guilty: Woman stirred up racial hatred with social media posts on Grenfell
- 8 Cirque du Soleil: Luzia Royal Albert Hall ****
- 9 Fire brigade extinguish St Pancras station electrical fire
- 10 Nine of London's best vegan restaurants to try this Veganuary