Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- Credit: PA
Local residents and primary care staff have received the coronavirus vaccine at Lord's Cricket Ground.
MCC and Healthcare Central London have created a vaccination centre at the venue in St John's Wood, which expected to see 1,000 people on Friday.
"We are eager to continue to assist wherever we can with the rollout of the vaccination programme," Guy Lavender, chief executive and secretary of MCC, said.
"We are fortunate to be able to have the appropriate facilities at Lord's and we are extremely glad to be able to support the NHS and our community in this way.
"During the pandemic we have been able to provide amenities to local hospitals and we are eager to continue to assist wherever we can with the rollout of the vaccination programme."
You may also want to watch:
A number of sporting venues have been earmarked to assist with the vaccination programme and the All England Club - which hosts the Wimbledon tennis championships - has also offered its services.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 5 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 6 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
- 10 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea