Long overdue England recall for Oswais Shah
MIDDLESEX S Owais Shah was this week picked for England s 15-man squad that travels to play India for a Test series in December. Shah has surprisingly failed to secure a regular place in the England squad since he made his 2001 OD1 debut for England and d
MIDDLESEX'S Owais Shah was this week picked for England's 15-man squad that travels to play India for a Test series in December.
Shah has surprisingly failed to secure a regular place in the England squad since he made his 2001 OD1 debut for England and did not play when he toured New Zealand as part of the Test squad in February.
But the in-form Shah, who crucially can bowl spin, is set to make a return in the series that starts with a three-day game in Baroda on December 5.
"Our decision to pick Owais Shah was based on the fact that he is an excellent player of spin who played a superb innings un India in his Test debut two years ago," said national selector Geoff Miller.
You may also want to watch:
"It's a further opportunity for him to build on his success with the one-day side this year and his inclusion in the squad will create real competition for places within the batting unit."
Shah will join Middlesex mate Andrew Strauss, who scored 177 runs in England's third Test win in New Zealand.
- 1 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 2 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 5 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 10 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
Two other Middlesex players, Dawid Malan and Eoin Morgan, also travel to India as part of the Performance Programme squad, while Ed Joyce has been selected for the Hong Kong VI's competition.