London Skolars suffer heavy defeat to North Wales Crusaders on final day
- Credit: Phil Hutchinson/UK Sports Pics L
London Skolars’ season finished as it started with a heavy defeat at the hands of North Wales Crusaders as they lost 44-0.
Two early tries for Rob Massom set the tone, with Crusaders regularly attacking on both wings.
Gavin Rodden added a try just before half time to put the home side 18-0 up at half-time.
Skolars did have a chance early in the second half when Chris Ball picked the ball up on his 20 metre line, but his momentary pause meant that the Crusaders stopped him.
Tommy Johnson joined the attacking line from full-back to create an overlap to put Crusaders further ahead, before Massom completed his hat-trick, soon followed by a touchdown for Dave Eccleston.
You may also want to watch:
However, two tries in the last three minutes completed the whitewash.
Patrick AhVan brushed off the defence to score under the posts before Massom scored his fourth try of the afternoon with Johnson kicking his sixth conversion.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 7 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 8 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 9 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 10 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
Skolars’ head coach Jermaine Coleman will be moving over to Championship side London Broncos after almost seven season in charge at New River, having first joined as a player in 2004.