London Skolars fall to defeat at Keighley
- Credit: Archant
London Skolars slipped to fifth place in Betfred League One following the 38-26 defeat at Keighley, two points behind Whitehaven who travel to New River on Saturday.
They took an early lead through a Neil Thorman penalty, but went behind Jordan Parry went over on the right wing.
Robert Tuliatu had only just come on as substitute when he was sin-binned for a shoulder charge.
The Cougars scored almost instantly through Jason Muranka and the defensive line was still short when Jordan Aitchison touched down on the right.
Skolars scored on the stroke of half-time with Iless Macani racing onto a kick through by Omari Caro, Thorman converting to narrow the gap to 24-8 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
However, Ryan Wright and James Feather both scored from dummy half to extend the Cougars' lead.
Liam Scott scored just after the hour mark, but Ben Hardcastle's penalty steaded the home side and Mike Bishay's late try, another scoot from dummy half, was little consolation to Skolars.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 4 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 5 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 6 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 7 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 8 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill